The MKII series fuses next level material tech with super functional cutting edge design. Now, Amplifi are stepping up the game for protective gear in 2014, taking a material developed by British scientists for military grade body armour - and injecting it into our latest range of protectors. We’ve designed every piece to take full advantage of these properties, working with engineers, riders and testers worldwide, to create the ultimate in comfort AND protection.
- CE approved, lightweight, ventilated S-Cell protec tor with multi impact characteristics (EN 1621-2:2012)
- Intelligent, progress ive shock absorption system
- 3D shaped back protec tor for adaptive shock absorption management
- Free vent 3D molded back panel for a perfect wearing cllimate
- High ventilated, pre shaped shoulder straps
- Hydration ready – can be worn on both shoulder straps
- Hip fins with double compress ion strap to regulate the load and compress ion
- Hip fin pocket
- Helmet carry system
- Hideable compress ion straps which can carry the downhill gear as well
- Multiple stash pockets/key clip
- Separate tool pocket
- Adjustable raincover (can cover the helmet as well)
- Reflective pipings / flash light fixation
Armourgel uses a combination of an innovative geometric cavity design and an active smart material to deliver a comfort to protection ratio never before seen in the industry. This truly is next level s**t.
The material is strain rate sensitive - Think of it as an extra layer of muscle, working with your body to create an active layer of protection for your body. It intelligently adapts its level of shock absorption relative to the amount of impact. When riding, it flows with your body moving with you, and allowing you full freedom of movement - under impact the material reacts, and increases it
absorption properties. The smart material is used in tandem with a geometric cavity design to double dose the safety factor. The unique S-Cell design builds density exactly where it is required, when it is required.
This is proprietary to Armourgel, and cannot be found on any other material. The result is a super-lightweight, incredibly flexible material that moves with you when shred, and adapts itself instantaneously to protect you when you slam. You can get yourself up, get the snow out of your goggles, find where you lost your gloves - and finish the day in style.
Science X Amplifi = MKII
At Amplifi we’ve been working with Armourgel’s Brit Boffins, creating just the right formula for protection, that’s there when you need it, and disappears when you don’t. We’ve focussed on
increasing the protective capabilities where you need it, and removing it where it’s bulky and unecessary - to decrease weight, increase breathability and deliver a product which we believe is going to shake things up in the world of sports protection.
All Weather Performance
From warm spring riding, to minus twenty celcius in a blizzard, the protective properties of our MKII protector are never compromised - no matter what the ambient temperature of the material. Extensive lab testing has shown that even in the most extreme climates, you can have confidence in your MKII to get you down the hill