Rear Fix-G Track Hubs
An ever present headache with traditional fixed hubs is the assembly of a drive sprocket that is attached by a thread being pulled in both directions by the pedal torque. The usual solution to avoiding the sprocket unwinding itself from the hub is a left-hand threaded lock-ring, butted up tight against the sprocket. But, as many riders have found out, this system can be quite volatile.
We thought, there has to be a better way...
...and the solution - an HG splined hub body, with sprockets that slide on and an independent lockring that never has to handle rotational forces from the drive.
Halo Fix-G advantages:
- Easy and secure fixing and servicing.
- Adjustable chainline - 41 to 52mm.
- Accepts 12 - 20T sprockets.
- No need for chainwhip tools.
"Halo's HG spline system is so obvious and brilliant that other brands must be kicking themselves for not thinking of it first. It can't slip or thread; it's way easier to fit or swap and will take down to 12t cogs, it's genius". Ty at the Footdown - www.thefootdown.co.uk
"The Fix-g hub is great! It runs smoothly as the previous Halo hub but the fact that you can move the sprocket for a perfect chainline is great and you can feel the difference straight away. Also, it's really easy to do, everyone can do it without a mechanic's help." Ivan Fiorilla, 5th Floor riding club - London. www.the5thfloor.co.uk
Note: The HG spline must ONLY be used with 7mm wide "fat foot" sprockets such as Halo Fat Foot sprockets or Gusset Double Six sprocket to avoid the cog biting into the alloy splines on the hub. Regular width HG sprockets should NEVER be used.
- Material Alloy forged and CNC machined
- Drillings 32H, 36H or 48H depending on model
- Bearings 2 x 6000 series Japanese sealed bearings.
- Axle Hollow M10 Cr-Mo axle
- Spoke Hole Circle Diameter (PCD) 62mm
- spoke hole size (diameter) 2.5mm
- Centre to Flange Left and Right: 34mm
- OLD 120mm
- Colour Black, Silver or White
- Weight 328g
Halo Fix-G advantages:
- Easy and secure fixing & servicing.
- Adjustable chainline.
- Twin cog option (can run 2 cogs together.)
- Accepts from 12T + cogs (for compact gearing).
- No need for chainwhip tools.Tech features:
- Hi-polish custom CNC machined hub shell,
- HG type fixed spline.
- Japanese sealed bearings.
- Hollow M10 Cr-Mo axle.
- 120mm spacing.
- 22mm Large cone-faces to avoid damage to frame.
includes cog spacers and alloy lockring.
- Laser logo
- 32H, 36H or 48H
- HG Fixed/Fixed or HG Fixed/Freewheel types.IMPORTANT NOTE: Threads for "Fixed Cog Lockrings":
Our hubs must only be used with ISO standard 1.29 inch x 24TPi L/H fixed cog lockrings
Do NOT USE French (1.32 inch x 24TPi) or Italian (33 x 1mm) standard lockrings. The larger diameter French and Italian lockrings may appear to work. but. will strip the threads from the ISO hub.