Surly Moonlander Frameset 2015
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in MTB Frame See the latest products
New in MTB Frame
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- Show Description You know by now that Moonlander picks up where Pugsley left off. Moonlander accommodates staggeringl... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
Like all of our framesets, the Moonlander is made of Surly 4130 CroMoly steel. It features 135mm-spaced, 28mm-offset, rear-loading Surly horizontal dropouts (track ends) with a derailleur hanger...meaning you can set it up as a singlespeed or geared bike, derailleured or internally geared. The bottom bracket height gives you clearance for bushwhacking and monster-trucking. The dropped and gusseted toptube maximizes standover height. And the tallish headtube allows you to set your rig up with a comfortable riding position for those long days grinding out miles in the saddle.
We offer the Moonlander as a frameset and as a complete bike. And we're now offering an extra large 24" size, available as a complete bike and also frameset.
Moonlander, like its name implies, is meant to go beyond where normal bikes, even normal fat bikes, can go. It is designed from the ground up to ride where there are no roads, no trails, no people.
Frame Highlights :
- Tubing: Surly 4130 CroMoly steel. Main triangle double-butted. TIG-welded
- Rear dropouts: Surly horizontal rear load, with derailleur hanger; 135mm O.L.D.; offset 28.0mm
- Brake compatibility: 51mm IS disc mounts frame and fork. NOTE: Unlike Pugsley, Moonlander uses front caliper adapters for the front brake and rear caliper adapters for the rear brake
- Braze-ons: Dual water bottle mounts, Surly Trip Guide full line guides for brake and derailleurs, fender and rack eyelets
- Seatpost diameter: 27.2mm
- Seatpost clamp: 30.0mm (Surly stainless included)
- Headset/Steertube: 1-1/8" threadless
- Front derailleur clamp: Direct mount 28.6mm diameter (adapter included)
- Bottom bracket shell: 100mm wide, standard English threading (1.37" x 24t)
- Chainring clearance: 22/36t (NOTE: this is this specific to using a Surly Mr. Whirly offset double cranks - use of other cranks may limit number and size of rings and may cause tire/chain rub!)
- Tire clearance: 4.7" tires on 100mm rims. Hells yes.
- Surly Moonlander, 135mm O.L.D.,4130 CroMoly. 51mm IS front disc mount. Suspension corrected for 100mm travel forks, but why would you need to do that?