Boardman ADV 8.6 Womens 2021 - Gravel Bike
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Gravel bikes See the latest products
New in Gravel bikes
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information New for the 2021 model year, the Boardman ADV 8.6 Women's is their entry-level women-specific Advent... read more
- Show Reviews & Q&As
New for the 2021 model year, the Boardman ADV 8.6 Women's is their entry-level women-specific Adventure bike. Retaining many of the amazing features of the outgoing ADV 8.8, its comfortable geometry and go-anywhere design mean you can count on it no matter where you plan to ride.
• Alloy frame for a lightweight and responsive ride
• Forgiving Carbon fork with huge tyre clearance
• 2x9 Shimano Sora drivetrain for slick shifting
• Disc brakes give confident and powerful braking
• Colour: Blue
• Sizes: Small, Medium, Large
• The Boardman ADV 8.6 Women's is available with 0% APR finance
The new 2021 Boardman ADV 8.6 Adventure Bike uses a light but strong aluminium frame and tapered carbon fork which combine for great comfort on and off road. Adventure specific geometry gives a more upright position which is more forgiving when the going gets bumpy, a low bottom bracket adds stability whilst Schwalbe G-One 38mm tubeless ready tyres have plenty of grip when its needed. Shimano Sora gearing with an “adventure compact” 48/32 chainset and 11-32T cassette ensure the right gear is always at your fingertips whether you are climbing or descending and Tektro disc brakes enable you to stop in you tracks no matter the surface.
Boardman ADV 8.6 specifics:
- Gears: Shimano Sora 18-speed gearing with an 11-32T cassette offer an excellent range to tackle all terrains
- Frame: Lightweight Alloy with smooth welds for clean aesthetics
- Forks: Full Carbon tapered forks offer low weight and precise steering control
- Brakes: Tektro disc brakes for controlled and powerful stopping
- Wheels: Boardman wheels and 38mm Schwalbe tubeless-ready tyres for balanced performance and comfort on and off road
More About The New Boardman ADV 8.6 Adventure Bike
Lightweight frame and fork
The 2021 ADV 8.6 is built on an Adventure specific, alloy frame for easy handling. It varies from Boardman’s road frames in a number of ways: The geometry is designed with off road riding in mind, and id designed so that the rider sits in a more upright position meaning you can spend hours in the saddle in comfort. The bottom bracket, where the pedal arms meet, is lower which drops the centre of mass, helping the bike to feel extremely stable in all conditions. The ADV 8.6 also features a full carbon, tapered fork which is wider where the forks meet the frame and therefore adds steering precision and stability.
Robust Sora Disc Brake Groupset
Benefitting from Shimano’s trickle-down Technology Programme the R3000 Sora groupset that features on the ADV 8.6 has the responsiveness and feel of a more premium set up. On the ADV 8.6 the 11-32T rear cassette is paired with a sub-compact 48/32T chainset which combine to offer an excellent range of gears, even if you’re loaded up. And when you are carrying extra cargo the Tektro mechanical disc brake will ensure that you come to a fast and controlled stop, no matter the weather.
The little things that matter
With Chris Boardman as Chairman of the company, Boardman have a wealth of experience to draw on and are always looking at the fine details when developing bikes. Using data from hundreds of bike fits and insight from bike fit experts, they have made simple changes to the touch points of the bikes. They’ve worked to develop a range of saddles using advanced pressure mapping and real-world testing to make sure any saddle on a Boardman bike is going to suit the majority of people riding it. The ADV models went through exhaustive testing to find the perfect combination of bars and stem to give controlled yet responsive handling meaning you’ll get a confidence inspiring feel whether on your daily commute or hitting the trails.
With a 38mm width, Addix compound and good tread pattern the Schwalbe G-One Allround offers great grip for off-road tracks and dry trail sections but has a low rolling resistance so that speed is not overly compromised on the road. The extra width offered over a traditional road tyre allows for lower tyre pressure and better comfort both on and off road, and Schwalbe’s Raceguard layering reduces the risk of punctures.
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.
|Front Brake:||Tektro MD-C511 Mechanical Disc Brake|
|Rear Brake:||Tektro MD-C511 Mechanical Disc Brake|
|Front Tyre:||Schwalbe G-One 700x40 Tubeless|
|Rear Tyre:||Schwalbe G-One 700x40 Tubeless|
|Chainset:||FSA Velo Pro 48/32|