Boardman SLR 8.9 Womens Ltd 2021 - Road Bike
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Road bikes See the latest products
New in Road bikes
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information The original Boardman SLR 8.9 Women's was their most popular carbon road bike, and for good reason. ... read more
- Show Reviews & Q&As
The original Boardman SLR 8.9 Women's was their most popular carbon road bike, and for good reason. We think the light, stiff and comfortable carbon frame designed with aerodynamics in mind is a perfect platform for all-round road riding, and the reviewers agreed with us. For most bike brands, 4.5 out of 5 reviews and comments like “Blimey, what a corker!” (road.cc) would be a reason to kick back and celebrate a job well done. However, at Boardman, we are always looking for ways we can push our bikes to the next level, and this is what we have done for the new SLR 8.9c.
- Women's specific carbon fibre ultralight frame
- Carbon fork for a smooth ride
- Rim brakes for lightweight stopping power
- Shimano 105 2x11 speed drivetrain
- Colour: Black/Pink
- Sizes: Extra Small, Small, Medium, Large
- The Boardman SLR 8.9 Womens Ltd is available with 0% APR finance
One of the only criticisms we could level at the old bike was the 10 speed gears – functional, but a little heavy and unrefined. With that in mind, we’ve upgraded the shifting to Shimano’s 11 speed R7000 105. Offering smooth gear changes, reduced weight, ergonomic design and all the trickle-down technology from Shimano’s flagship Dura-Ace groupset, 105 is a fantastic performer.
Not only have we upgraded the bike’s gearing – but we’ve also worked with expert bike fitters to ensure the touchpoints on the bike are going to suit riders even better than before, with a female-specific saddle, and stem, handlebar and crank sizes scaled to suit female riders. It also comes in a stunning paint fade finish, what’s not to love?
With only 100 bikes available in this colour combinations, you’ll be joining an exclusive club.
The new SLR 8.9c frame and fork use the same aerodynamic design and geometry as the top of the range SLR 9.6 and so delivers outstanding performance. Dropped seat stays and an integrated seat clamp help reduce drag and combine with carefully designed carbon fibre layup to deliver all day long comfort. This isn’t achieved at the expense of speed though. Using CFD and wind tunnel testing, our tube profiles deliver a significant aero boost compared to previous frames, and a stiff PF86 bottom bracket and light overall weight mean that the bike responds instantly when you put the power down. With clearance for up to 28mm tyres and hidden mudguard mounts, the SLR 8.9c can turn its hand to any type of road riding, whatever the weather.
Working with Chris Boardman, data from hundreds of bike fits and insight from bike fit experts, we have made simple changes to the contact points of the SLR range. Using advanced pressure mapping and real-world testing we’ve shown that the Boardman SLR saddle will provide long-ride comfort for the majority of people. Bar width and crank length are also reduced vs previous bikes to make sure they are suited to the fit needs of real cyclists, not just based on old traditions. These changes also reduce the rider’s frontal area, which has been wind tunnel tested to reduce drag, meaning less effort required for the same speed.
- Shimano 105 11 speed shifters and derailleurs ensure crisp and easy gear changes
- A compact 50/34 chainset with 11-28 cassette offers a wide spread of gears for climbing and descending
- Vittoria Zaffiro Pro Graphene 2.0 tyres combine great grip with puncture protection and low rolling resistance
- Boardman SLR Wheels are tubeless-ready, so can be easily upgraded to run without tubes
- Tektro R315 long drop brakes give clearance for up to 28mm tyres, or to run mudguards with 25mm
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.
|Frame:||C7 Carbon - Aero-Optimised|
|Fork:||C7 Carbon with tapered steerer|
|Headset:||FSA Orbit C-40 ACB, 1 1/8” - 1.5” Tapered, Integrated|
|Stem:||Boardman Alloy, 31.8mm clamp|
|Bars:||Boardman Alloy, 31.8mm clamp, 70mm reach, 120mm drop|
|Front Brake:||Tektro R315, long arm|
|Rear Brake:||Tektro R315, long arm|
|Brake Lever:||Shimano 105|
|Front Mech:||Shimano 105 braze- on|
|Rear Mech:||Shimano 105 11 speed|
|Shifters:||Shimano 105 2x11|
|Rims:||Boardman Tubeless Ready 28h front & rear|
|Front Hub:||Formula RB-51|
|Rear Hub:||Formula RB-5711|
|Spokes:||Double Butted Stainless Steel, Radial front, 2X rear|
|Front Tyre:||Vittoria Zaffiro Pro G2.0 folding, 700x25c|
|Rear Tyre:||Vittoria Zaffiro Pro G2.0 folding, 700x25c|
|Seat Post:||Boardman Alloy, 27.2mm|
|Saddle:||Boardman SLR Womens|
|Chainset:||FSA Gossamer Compact 50-34|
|Bottom Bracket:||FSA BB-CF86/CZ Pressfit for MegaExo Chainset|
|Cassette:||Shimano CS-R7000 11 speed, 11-28|
|Pedals:||Toe strap road, 9/16”|