Cannondale Scalpel-Si Carbon 3 29er Mountain Bike 2018 - XC Full Suspension MTB
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Full Suspension MTB See the latest products
New in Full Suspension MTB
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information The Cannondale Scalpel-Si Carbon 3 29er is a full suspension XC race machine that’s packed full of h... read more
- Show Reviews & Q&As
The Cannondale Scalpel-Si Carbon 3 29er is a full suspension XC race machine that’s packed full of high-tech race-winning potential.
Constructed from Cannondale’s BallisTec carbon fibre, the Scalpel MTB is built on an incredibly lightweight yet sturdy foundation. Cannondale’s ‘Zero Pivot’ seatstays eliminate the pivot bearing that would normally split the stays. Instead, they have engineered the carbon fibre to allow a small amount of vertical flex to achieve the same result. The beauty of this is that, not only does it help lighten the frame, there’s no loss of lateral rigidity as you’d find with a bearing, and the carbon fibre itself doesn’t wear out over time and suffer play & looseness as a bearing would.
Delivering 100mm of smooth travel, Cannondale’s single-sided lefty 2.0 carbon fork is packed with technology. Despite appearances, the Lefty fork uses a square tube-in-a-tube internal design that all but eliminates suspension flex. Using friction-free needle roller bearings, the lefty is incredibly supple over fast & light bumps, allowing it to react to even the smallest bumps in the trail surface. The XLR Isolated Damper is tuned for XC, and keeps the air & oil separated inside, ensuring the damping characteristics remain consistent and predictable at all times.
Depending on the size of frame you require, the Cannondale Scalpel-Si Carbon 3 comes equipped with different wheel sizes. There is the Scalpel-Si Carbon 3 29er as seen here in the Medium, Large and X Large frame sizes, or the Scalpel-Si Carbon 3 27.5 available in a small frame size.
At the rear, the RockShox Monarch XX keeps the bikes’ 100mm rear travel in check, perfectly balancing the Lefty fork. A combination of Shimano XT and XTR components come together to give the Scalpel-Si Carbon 3 it’s 1x11 speed drivetrain, along with a set of Shimano XT hydraulic disc brakes that give you flawless stopping power and speed control.
Take your place as king of the mountain, with the Cannondale Scalpel-Si Carbon 3 full-sus mountain bike.
- BallisTec Carbon frame with Carbon Link and Zero Pivot seatstay is super lightweight
- RockShox Monarch XX with Full Sprint Remote delivers smooth 100mm travel
- Lefty 2.0 Carbon 100mm travel, with XLR Isolated Damper Technology and XLoc Full Sprint remote
- Shimano XT/XTR combination of 1x11 speed drivetrain components deliver impeccable gear shifting
- Shimano XT 160/160mm disc brakes give powerful braking
- Rider Position: Pure Modern XC - Low flat back & centred weight distribution
- Sizes: Medium, Large, X Large
- Colour: Jet Black/Nearly Black/Charcoal Grey Matte
- The Cannondale Scalpel-Si Carbon 3 mountain bike is available with 0% APR finance
All Tredz bikes are:
- Fully built & ready to ride
- Fully checked & tested by Cytech qualified mechanics
- Available with 0% APR finance on baskets over £99
- 365 day no hassle returns
- Free delivery in the UK Mainland on a date that suits you
In the box with every Tredz bike is:
- Free Tredz 9 key trail tool
- Free Tredz pedal spanner
- Free basic pedals
- Tredz drawstring kit bag
- 16-point quality control check sheet
- Basic bike setup instructions
- Free Cycle Plan insurance voucher (8 weeks)
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.
|Frame:||Scalpel-Si, 100mm, BallisTec Carbon, Zero Pivot seatstay, Carbon Link, PF30, 1.5 Si head tube, Ai Offset|
|Fork:||Lefty 2.0 Alloy OPI, 2Spring, XLR, 100mm Travel|
|Rear Shock:||RockShox Monarch XX, 100mm, Full Sprint remote|
|Headset:||Cannondale HeadShok Si|
|Stem:||Cannondale C1, 7075 Alloy, 31.8, -5°|
|Bars:||Cannondale C1 flat, Carbon, 760mm|
|Front Brake:||Shimano XT hydro disc, 160mm|
|Rear Brake:||Shimano XT hydro disc, 160mm|
|Brake Lever:||Shimano XT hydro disc|
|Rear Mech:||Shimano XTR Shadow Plus, 11-speed|
|Shifters:||Shimano XT, 11-speed|
|Rims:||Stan|s NoTubes CREST MK3, 32 hole, tubeless ready|
|Front Hub:||C-Zero Straight Pull, Lefty 60|
|Rear Hub:||39-point engagement rear, 142x12 28h Ai Offset dish|
|Spokes:||Grand Forza Double Butted (Ai Offset dish - Rear)|
|Front Tyre:||Schwalbe Racing Ralph EVO Snakeskin, 29x2.25", folding, Tubeless Ready|
|Rear Tyre:||Schwalbe Racing Ralph EVO Snakeskin, 29x2.25", folding, Tubeless Ready|
|Seat Post:||Cannondale C2 Carbon, Micro Adjust, 31.6x350mm (XS,S,M) 400mm (L,X)|
|Chainset:||Cannondale HollowGram Si, BB30 w/ Ai SpideRing, X-Sync®, 32t|
|Bottom Bracket:||Cannondale Alloy PressFit30|
|Chain:||Shimano HG601, 11-speed|
|Cassette:||Shimano XT, 11-42, 11-speed|
|Pedals:||Basic Resin Flat|