Cannondale Scalpel-Si Team 29er Mountain Bike 2018 - XC Full Suspension MTB
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Full Suspension MTB See the latest products
New in Full Suspension MTB
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information Billed as the world’s best XC race machine, it’s hard to see how the Cannondale Scalpel-Si Team 29er... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
Billed as the world’s best XC race machine, it’s hard to see how the Cannondale Scalpel-Si Team 29er full suspension mountain bike can be beaten.
Using their top grade Hi-MOD BallisTec carbon fibre, the Cannondale Scalpel-Si Team MTB takes weight saving to the extreme, without sacrificing any stiffness or strength. Cannondale’s ‘Zero Pivot’ seatstays eliminate the pivot bearing that would normally split the stays. Instead, they have engineered the carbon fibre to allow a small amount of vertical flex to achieve the same result. The beauty of this is that, not only does it help lighten the frame, there’s no loss of lateral rigidity as you’d find with a bearing, and the carbon fibre itself doesn’t wear out over time and suffer play & looseness as a bearing would.
Delivering 100mm of smooth travel, Cannondale’s single-sided lefty 2.0 carbon fork is packed with technology, including their latest 2Spring self-balancing positive/negative air system. With a square tube-in-a-tube design, the Lefty fork all but eliminates unwanted flex. Thanks to the friction-free needle roller bearings, the Lefty is incredibly supple over fast & light bumps, allowing it to react to even the smallest bumps in the trail surface. The XLR Isolated Damper is tuned for XC, and keeps the air & oil separated inside, ensuring the damping characteristics remain consistent and predictable at all times.
At the rear, the RockShox Monarch XX keeps the bikes’ 100mm rear travel in check, perfectly balancing the Lefty fork. SRAM’s much-lauded top—of-the-range Eagle XX1 1x12 speed groupset gives the Scalpel Si Team an enormous 500% gear range, changing with razor sharp precision and rapid speed with every click of the shifter. SRAM also lend their name to the Scalpel-Si Team’s brakes as well, with their Level Ultimate callipers and 180mm rotors bestowing the bike with truly remarkable stopping power & control.
It would be disappointing to see this bike roll on anything other than the highest quality wheels, which is why Cannondale have fitted it with a set of Enve M50 carbon fibre rims, along with a Lefty 60 front hub, and a HollowGram (by DT Swiss) rear hub. The resulting wheels are so lightweight, they return much reduced gyroscopic forces, and give the bike the kind of agility you would otherwise expect from a much smaller wheel.
There’s a spot on the podium reserved for riders of Cannondale’s Scalpel-Si Team 29er mountain bike.
- BallisTec Hi-MOD Carbon frame with Carbon Link and Zero Pivot seatstay is super lightweight
- RockShox Monarch XX with Full Sprint Remote delivers smooth 100mm travel
- Lefty 2.0 Carbon 2spring 100mm travel, with XLR Isolated Damper Technology and XLoc Full Sprint remote
- SRAM XX1 Eagle 1x12 speed drivetrain is pure class, with a massive gear range
- SRAM Level Ultimate 180/180mm disc brakes are lightweight, highly adjustable and powerful
- ENVE Carbon M50 rims – super lightweight & tubeless ready
- Rider Position: Pure Modern XC - Low flat back & centred weight distribution
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, X Large
- Colour: Stealth Grey/Jet Black and Acid Green Gloss
- The Cannondale Scalpel-Si Team 29er mountain bike is available with 0% APR finance
All Tredz bikes are:
- Fully built & ready to ride
- Fully checked & tested by Cytech qualified mechanics
- Available with 0% APR finance (up to 48 months) on any basket over £99
- UK price match guarantee
- 365 day no hassle returns
- Free delivery in the UK Mainland on a date that suits you
In the box with every Tredz bike is:
- Free Tredz 9 key trail tool
- Free Tredz pedal spanner
- Free basic pedals
- Tredz drawstring kit bag
- 16 point quality control check sheet
- Basic bike setup instructions
- Free Cycle Plan insurance voucher (8 weeks)
|Frame:||Scalpel-Si, 100mm, BallisTec Hi-MOD Carbon, Zero Pivot seatstay, Carbon Link, PF30, 1.5 Si head tube, Ai Offset|
|Fork:||Lefty 2.0 Carbon, 2Spring, 100mm, XLR Isolated Damper Technology with XC+ tune and XLoc Full Sprint remote, 55mm offset (29), 50mm offset (27.5)|
|Rear Shock:||RockShox Monarch XX, 100mm, Full Sprint remote|
|Headset:||Cannondale HeadShok Si|
|Stem:||Cannondale C1, 7075 Alloy, 31.8, -5°|
|Bars:||Cannondale C1 flat, Carbon, 760mm|
|Front Brake:||SRAM Level Ultimate, custom flat mount rear, Centerline Rotors 180mm|
|Rear Brake:||SRAM Level Ultimate, custom flat mount rear, Centerline Rotors 180mm|
|Brake Lever:||SRAM Level Ultimate|
|Rear Mech:||SRAM XX1 Eagle, Type 3 RBC, 12-speed|
|Shifters:||SRAM XX1 Eagle, 12-speed|
|Rims:||ENVE Carbon M50,21mm inner, Tubeless Ready,28h|
|Front Hub:||Lefty 60|
|Rear Hub:||HollowGram by DT-Swiss Rear, Star Ratchet, 142x12 , 28 hole Ai Offset dish|
|Spokes:||DT Swiss AeroLite (Ai Offset dish - Rear)|
|Front Tyre:||Schwalbe Rocket Ron EVO Snakeskin, 29x2.25", folding, Tubeless Ready|
|Rear Tyre:||Schwalbe Rocket Ron EVO Snakeskin, 29x2.25", folding, Tubeless Ready|
|Seat Post:||Cannondale C1 Full Carbon, 31.6x420mm|
|Chainset:||SRAM XX1 Eagle, BB30, 34T, Ai Custom|
|Bottom Bracket:||Cannondale Alloy PressFit30|
|Chain:||SRAM PC-X01 Eagle|
|Cassette:||SRAM XG-1295 Eagle, 10-50, 12-speed|
Occasionally without notice, manufacturers sometimes change product specifications.