Cannondale Slate Apex 2017 - Road Bike
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Road bikes See the latest products
New in Road bikes
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information You can always rely on Cannondale to break the mould with outrageously fun bikes. The Cannondale Sla... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
You can always rely on Cannondale to break the mould with outrageously fun bikes. The Cannondale Slate Apex cyclocross/gravel bike is the perfect embodiment of this outside-the-box thinking that the American brand is so loved for.
Designed from the ground up – with a clean slate, as it were – Cannondale wanted to build the most fun and all-round capable road bike they could. The answer was an all-new SmartForm C1 Premium aluminium frame designed for 650b wheels, with short chain stays, a slack MTB-style head angle and a long front-centre. This gives the bike a fun & snappy back end which begs to be playfully thrown around, along with a stable & well-balanced front end to cope with off-road riding.
There’s a good reason Cannondale opted for slightly smaller 650b wheels on the Slate. With a 42c tyre, the rolling radius is almost identical to a 700x23c tyre, bestowing the bike with road-bike-like acceleration, albeit with a big balloon tyre with oodles of grip, traction, and bump-absorbing properties. With the Save Plus Micro-Suspension System built into the frame’s rear triangle, you get even more bump-eating comfort from the Slate.
A fun & playful frame is no good without suitably quick components. The Cannondale Slate Apex comes with a rigid one-piece lefty fork and 1x11 speed SRAM Apex gearing, with a matching SRAM S350 chainset and SRAM Apex 1 HRD hydraulic disc brakes. The result is a wonderfully minimalistic looking bike, which will but a whopping smile on your face every time you set off, slow down, take a turn or change a gear.
- SmartForm C1 premium alloy frame is lightweight, and designed specifically for 650b wheels
- Cannondale Solo Rigid ‘lefty’ fork, made from one-piece of alloy for the best strength-to-weight ratio
- SRAM Apex 1x11 speed gearing shifts rapidly, with no fuss
- SRAM Apex 1 HRD disc brakes
- 650bx42c Slate Folding tyres – the same circumference as 700x23c, with big volume grip & comfort
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, X Large
- Colour: Blue Collar
- The Cannondale Slate Apex is available with 0% APR finance
|Frame:||Slate, SmartForm C1 Premium Alloy, Di2 ready, SAVE PLUS, BB30a|
|Fork:||Cannondale Solo Rigid, OPI One-Piece Alloy, 1.5" steerer|
|Headset:||Tange Seiki Head Shock Integrated|
|Stem:||Cannondale C1, 6061 Alloy, 1.5", 31.8, -5 deg. 100mm|
|Bars:||Cannondale C3, butted 6061 Alloy Butted 6061 Alloy, Compact|
|Front Brake:||SRAM Apex 1 HRD|
|Rear Brake:||SRAM Apex 1 HRD|
|Brake Lever:||SRAM Apex 1 HRD|
|Rear Mech:||SRAM Apex 1|
|Shifters:||SRAM Apex 1 HRD|
|Rims:||Mavic XM419 Disc, 650b, 28H, tubeless compatible|
|Front Hub:||Lefty 50 Road front, Formula 142x12mm thru rear, 28h|
|Rear Hub:||Lefty 50 Road front, Formula 142x12mm thru rear, 28h|
|Spokes:||DT Swiss Competition|
|Front Tyre:||Cannondale Slate Folding TRS, 650x42c, by Panaracer, tubeless ready|
|Rear Tyre:||Cannondale Slate Folding TRS, 650x42c, by Panaracer, tubeless ready|
|Seat Post:||Cannondale C3 Alloy 27.2 X 350mm|
|Chainset:||SRAM S350-1, BB30a, 44T|
|Bottom Bracket:||SRAM BB30 Bearings|
|Chain:||SRAM PC 1110, 11-speed|
Occasionally without notice, manufacturers sometimes change product specifications.