Continental Mountain King III PureGrip Folding 26" Tyre
Please note: View 'Tyres Guide' below for ETRTO Sizing
- ShowProduct Information Key Features: This isn't just another update, the King of the mountain has been taken back to the d... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
- Show Continental MTB Tyre Chooser
- Show Continental Tyre Guide
- Show Delivery & Guarantee
- This isn't just another update, the King of the mountain has been taken back to the drawing board and the heir to the throne is having his coronation
- The new tread pattern increases grip in varied conditions
- While the middle lugs are angled perfectly for acceleration and speed, the deep-seated outer legs take care of stability and flowing along the trail
- The sidewalls have been re-moulded completely, incorporating Continental's new Tubeless Ready concept is seamlessly integrated into the Mountain King's new carcass. With it's new design of core and sidewall, the tyre seals perfectly against the rim
- PureGrip compound for great grip and durability
- ShieldWall System combines high puncture protection with easy rolling and low resistance
- E-25 suitable for e-bikes up to 25km/h
- Tubeless Ready
- Folding Tyre
- Constructed of 3 plies totalling 180 TPI
- Weight 775 grams
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.
There are currently no customer reviews
Continental MTB Tyre Chooser
Mountain Bike Tyres
Use the tyre chooser below to help find the perfect Continental tyre for your riding style and budget. These mountain bike tyres are designed for different MTB disciplines, with lightweight rubber for XC and highly durably tyres for enduro and downhill. Tyre profiles are made for different trail surfaces from dry and hardpacked to soft and muddy.
To find the right size tyre for your bike checkout our size guide below the tyre chooser.
|Downhill||Der Kaiser Projekt 2.4 Apex|
|Der Kaiser 2.5 Apex|
|Der Baron 2.5 Apex|
|Mud King 2.3 Apex|
|Enduro||Der Kaiser Projekt 2.4 PT Apex|
|Der Baron Projekt 2.4 PT Apex|
|Trail King 2.4|
|All Mtn||Trail King 2.2|
|Mountain King II 2.4|
|Trail/XC||Mountain King 2.2|
|Mud King 1.8|
|Race King 2.2|
|XC Race||Race King 2.0|
|Speed King 2.2|
How to check your current tyre size?
Take a look at the sidewall of your current tyres and you’ll see one or two sets of figures;
One is the traditional size like 700x28c or 27.5x2.2. The first figure is the tyre diameter(size). The second is tyre width. Note: road bike sizes are in mm, MTB sizes are in inches.
The other set of figures you may see is ETRTO sizing like this 28-622. The first number here is tyre width while the second number relates to wheel diameter.
Here is a comparrison chart for traditional and ETRTO sizing to help you choose the correct tyre size.
|700c road bike wheels|
|18-622||700 x 18C|
|23-622||700 x 23C|
|25-622||700 x 25C|
|28-622||700 x 28C|
|32-622||700 x 32C|
|37-622||700 x 35C|
|47-622||700 x 47C|
|26" mountain bike wheels|
|50-559||26 x 1.9|
|54-559||26 x 2.1|
|55-559||26 x 2.2|
|58-559||26 x 2.35|
|27.5" (650b) mountain bike wheels|
|50-584||27.5 x 1.95|
|54-584||27.5 x 2.1|
|57-584||27.5 x 2.25|
|29" mountain bike wheels|
|50-622||29 x 2.0|
|54-622||29 x 2.1|
|55-622||29 x 2.2|
Will this tyre fit my wheel?
Your new tyre must be the same diameter as your current one (to fit your wheel rim).
Then, you need a choose a tyre which will fit your frame.
Road bike tyres are generally 21 – 28mm wide
MTB tyres can range from 1.5”-5”
To make things complicated road tyres are measured in mm, while MTB tyres are in inches.
How wide is too wide
You want to leave at least 4mm clearance between your frame and tyres to prevent rub and allow for mud clearance.
Measure the following areas on your frame:
Fork crown (top)
Brake calipers (make sure you squeeze them)
Subtract 4mm and you’ll have the maximum width your frame can handle.
Please note, all size information is provided as a guide - if you're unsure or need any further assistance you can call us on 01792 799508 ... we're happy to help!
Continental Tyre Guide
Delivery & Guarantee
UK Delivery Information
We are committed to offering fast and free delivery, whether you're ordering bikes, accessories or clothing. Our standard delivery service is FREE in the UK, regardless of the size and on all orders over £20.
Please note that bulky products and bikes shipped to outlying UK regions are excluded from free shipping.
Please note that Pre-Order dates can sometimes change due to updated stock information.
Click here for more UK and international delivery information.
Returns & Warranty
It's easy to return a product with our 365 day, hassle free returns.
We will give you a full refund or exchange on any item that is returned to us unused/unfitted, in a resaleable condition and in its original packaging (where possible).
Please note: For hygiene reasons, we cannot accept returns of facemasks, undershorts or underwear if the item has been removed/unsealed from its original packaging.
If your item develops a fault or arrives damaged, please contact us first so we can resolve the issue for you as quickly as possible.
For more information please visit our Returns & Warranty page.