DMR 898 Frame
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- Show Description DMR 898 Team Issue FrameThis frame uses DMRs premium Cro.Mo tubing and it is tig welded to our norma... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
This frame uses DMRs premium Cro.Mo tubing and it is tig welded to our normal high standard. Then it is Heat Treated...but with a difference.
Most dirt-jump frames are heat treated BEFORE welding.
This means that the welding process sets up all sorts of stress and strain in the frame that can weaken it. The 898 is heat treated AFTER welding.
It goes through a DMR devised process of heating and cooling, helping it relax, and soothes away all it is angst.
The result is a lighter, tougher, more dependable, longer lasting frame.
Post Weld Heat Treatment costs more, but DMR are pretty sure you will agree that it is worth it. 898 degrees Celsius is the temp that helps the frame to relax at the start of it is therapy and is the key to the whole process. Next it is hardened and toughened (DMR keep those temps secret) making it one of the strongest and smoothest riding frames that you will ever own.
The 898 uses:
- integrated 45/45 headset or NEW tapered headtube option to accommodate modern tapered steerer forks
- mid bottom bracket
- 27.2mm seat post
- 30mm seat clamp
- international std disc brake mounts (disc brakes only)
- 10mm horizontal dropout.Please note the 898 frame is designed to be run exclusively with Microdrive, the largest chainring available to fit to an 898 frame is 25 tooth.