Garmin Edge 820 Explore GPS Enabled Computer - Unit Only
- ShowProduct Information The Garmin Edge Explore 820 GPS enabled cycle computer gives you the power to improve your performan... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
- Show Computers Guide & Compatibility
- Show Finance
- Show Delivery & Guarantee
The Garmin Edge Explore 820 GPS enabled cycle computer gives you the power to improve your performance with advanced data capture, at your fingertips. The lightweight and compact 2.3", high resolution, touch screen display is easy to see at a glance and use with gloves – even when wet.
Premium data capture includes VO2 max, a useful recovery advisor, Strava live segments, FTP, performance conditions and advanced cycling dynamics when paired with speed, cadence and heart rate monitors (sold separately).
Cycling specific navigation is preloaded with the Garmin Cycle Map for accurate turn-by-turn navigation. GroupTrack is a great way to keep tabs on all your riding buddies so you don't get separated.
No matter what your training goals are, the Edge Explore 820 will give you accurate data to refine, tune and improve your performance.
Review | 4 out of 5
"Intuitive to use, plenty of useful functions, good mapping capabilities, but the screen is a little on the small side" – Bike Radar
At a Glance
For your 2-wheeled adventures on the road or trail, know where to go with Edge Explore 820. This GPS bike computer features a built-in Garmin Cycle Map with points of interest, bike-friendly trails and more. It also has a high-resolution touchscreen that’s easy to read, even in sunlight, and our new GroupTrack feature lets you and your friends know each other’s whereabouts, even when the road forks. Now you can navigate with confidence.
GroupTrack Keeps Tabs on the Whole Pack
Part of the fun of exploring is doing it with your riding group. Now, everyone is free to ride at their own pace without worrying about losing the pack. Edge Explore 820 has group tracking capabilities, so when 1 of your friends falls out of sight, they don’t fall off the map. You’re free to keep on riding and catch up with each other later. It’s as easy as pairing your device through the Garmin Connect™ Mobile app and then looking at your screen to see updates.
The Touchscreen You’ve Been Waiting For
You’re going to find so many uses for all the navigation capabilities and cool features packed inside the Edge Explore 820, but you’ll love its high-resolution touchscreen. The capacitive touch display is quick and responsive, even when wet or used with gloves.
Varia Compatibility for Increased Cycling Awareness
Edge Explore 820 offers incident detection capabilities via an integrated accelerometer, which sends your map location to an emergency contact if an incident occurs. To assist in incident avoidance, Edge Explore 820 is also compatible with our wide range of Varia cycling awareness products, including Varia rearview radar and smart bike lights. See and be seen when Edge Explore 820 is paired with these bike lights or the radar, which detects approaching traffic.
Customize and Connect
It’s your device, so customize it however you like with free custom data fields and apps, available for download. Visit our Connect IQ™ store to see what’s available, and start making Edge Explore 820 truly your own. Don’t forget, when you’re rolling on 2 wheels, Edge Explore 820 also keeps you connected³ to the rest of the world with smart notifications, live tracking, social media sharing and automatic uploads to Garmin Connect™, our free online fitness community.
Wherever You Ride
Whether you’re cycling deep in the woods or near tall buildings, Edge Explore 820 is compatible with GPS and GLONASS satellites to locate your position quickly and precisely — wherever your ride takes you.
¹When paired with a compatible smartphone. GroupTrack can track up to 50 riders.
²When paired with a compatible smartphone; primarily designed for road cycling use.
³When paired with a compatible smartphone.
Physical & Performance
- Physical dimensions : 1.9” x 2.9” x 0.8” (49.0 x 73.0 x 21.0 mm)
- Display size, WxH : 2.3” (58.4 mm)
- Display resolution, WxH : 200 x 265 pixels
- Color display
- Weight : 2.4 oz (67.7 g)
- Battery : rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery life : up to 15 hours GPS training mode
- Water rating : IPX7
- High-sensitivity receiver
- Barometric altimeter
- Unit-to-unit transfer (shares data wirelessly with similar units) :
- Smart notifications (displays email, text and other alerts when paired with your compatible phone) :
- VIRB® control
Maps & Memory
- Ability to add maps
- Waypoints/favorites/locations : 200
- Routes : 100
- History : up to 200 hours
- Bike speed/cadence sensor : Yes (Some versions)
- Heart rate monitor : Yes (Some versions)
- Courses (compete against previous activities)
- Auto Pause® (pauses and resumes timer based on speed)
- Auto Lap® (automatically starts a new lap)
- Auto Scroll (cycles through data pages during workout)
- Time/distance alert (triggers alarm when you reach goal)
- Heart rate-based calorie computation
- Calculates calories burned
- Customizable screen(s)
- Temperature (displays and records temperature while you ride)
- Shock Resistant
- Garmin Connect™ compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data)
- Automatic sync (automatically transfers data to your computer)
- Smart notifications displays texts and calls only
- Internal memory: 16 GB
- Personal cycling records: yes
- Compatible with Varia™ bike radar and lights: yes
- Edge® remote compatibility: yes
- LiveTrack: yes
- GroupTrack: yes
- Operating temperature: -20°C to +55°C
- Connected features via a smartphone: yes
- Compatible with Garmin Connect™ and Garmin Connect™ Mobile: yes
- Weather alerts: yes
- Round-trip routing: yes
- Route planner: yes
- Incident detection: yes
- Connect IQ™ compatible: yes
- Audio prompts: yes
- Auto start (timer starts automatically at custom speed): yes
- Battery save mode: Extends battery live up to 50 percent while still tracking ride detail
¹ Advanced workouts require a Garmin Connect account
In the box
- Edge Explore 820
- Mounts (standard and extended out-front)
- USB cable
Garmin User Manuals
There are currently no customer reviews
Computers Guide & Compatibility
How do I apply for finance?
Spend £99 or more at Tredz and you can spread the cost. Pay monthly over 6-48 months, interest free (dependent on repayment terms and amount).
1Fill your basket with everything you want from Tredz and go to the checkout.
2During checkout, select the finance option you want as your method of payment.
3You will be sent to our finance provider's secure server to complete your application.
4Finance providers PayPal & V12 will use the information provided to make a decision and complete checkout if you are approved.Read more about buying on finance
Buy now, pay 12 months later.
Interest free credit with no deposit. Pay nothing for 3 or 6 months on orders over £850, or 12 months on orders over £1,500* *Not available through PayPal Credit
Flexible finance options
Choose your deposit.
Choose your term.
Lowest monthly cost
for 36 months
Best £0 deposit / 0% interest
for 12 months
Delivery & Guarantee
UK Delivery Information
We are committed to offering fast and free delivery, whether you're ordering bikes, accessories or clothing. Our standard delivery service is FREE to mainland UK, regardless of the size and on all orders over £20.
Please note that bulky products and bikes shipped to outlying UK regions are excluded from free shipping.
Please note that Pre-Order dates can sometimes change due to updated stock information.
Click here for more UK and international delivery information.
Returns & Warranty
It's easy to return a product with our 365 day, hassle free returns.
We will give you a full refund or exchange on any item that is returned to us unused/unfitted, in a resaleable condition and in its original packaging (where possible).
Please note: For hygiene reasons, we cannot accept returns of facemasks, undershorts or underwear if the item has been removed/unsealed from its original packaging.
If your item develops a fault or arrives damaged, please contact us first so we can resolve the issue for you as quickly as possible.
For more information please visit our Returns & Warranty page.