Garmin Montana 650 Handheld Computer With Integrated Digital Camera
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in GPS Computers See the latest products
New in GPS Computers
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- Show Description The Garmin Montana 650 is the ultimate, take-anywhere navigator for serious adventuring whether you'... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
The Garmin Montana 650 is the ultimate, take-anywhere navigator for serious adventuring whether you're hiking or cycling. A rugged, waterproof 4" touchscreen with a glove friendly display can take on the wild.
Capture epic moments with the built in 5 MP autofocus camera. Never lose your bearings with the 3-axis compass and barometric altimeter. The Garmin Montana 650 GPS computer suppers BirdsEye satellite imagery, Garmin Custom Maps and photo navigation.
With the Garmin Montana you can choose to use the rechargeable battery pack (up to 16 hours) or 3 AA batteries for up to 22 hours life.
Ready for Adventure
Now there’s one handheld GPS for many different activities. Whether you're on foot, on the road or on water, the new Montana 650 from Garmin will guide you wherever you go. With a vast 4” sunlight-readable touchscreen that offers crystal clear enhanced colours, dual orientation display and high sensitivity HotFix® positioning to track your location, it’s easy to see where you are at all times. Both durable and waterproof, Montana 650 is built to withstand the elements.
Navigate with Ease
The Montana has key features for the outdoors such as a 3-axis tilt-compensated compass which shows your heading even when you’re standing still, without holding it level. It also has a barometric altimeter which tracks changes in pressure to pinpoint your precise altitude, and you can even use it to plot barometric pressure over time, which can help you keep an eye on changing weather conditions.
It's also preloaded with worldwide basemap with shaded relief.
Take Geotagged pictures
Capture locations and memories with Montana 650’s 5-megapixel digital camera. Each photo is automatically geotagged with the location of where it was taken, allowing you to navigate back to that exact spot in the future. To keep track of your photos and show their location on a map, simply connect Montana 650 via USB and use Garmin’s free BaseCamp™ software to download the photo's to your PC. You can also use BaseCamp to upload them to your favourite photo sharing website.
With an array of compatible mounts, Montana 600 is designed for use on boats, bikes, as a handheld, motorbike or quad or in your car. Use the auto mount with City Navigator NT® or Garmin GB Discoverer™maps for spoken, turn-by-turn driving directions. Wherever you think you might take Montana, it has the mapping and mounts to get you there.
Mapping options include the City Navigator maps for use in the car, BlueChart® g2 preloaded cards for a great day on the water, Garmin GB Discoverer™ which provides Ordnance Survey® mapping on your handheld and BirdsEye™ Select that lets you download customised sections of premium raster-based maps to your device and integrate them with your maps. Montana is also compatible with Custom Maps which transforms paper and electronic maps into downloadable maps for your device.
You can even display and enter coordinates in British Grid format, the grid used on Ordnance Survey maps.
With Montana 650 you can share your waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly with other compatible Garmin GPS users. So now your friends can also enjoy your favourite hike or cache – simply press “Send” to transfer your information to other units.
Keep in charge
Montana 650 features a one-of-a-kind dual battery system. You’ll have the option of using the rechargeable lithium-ion pack or traditional AA batteries – whichever suits you best.
Montana 650 supports geocaching GPX files to download geocaches and details straight to your unit. Visit OpenCaching.com to start your geocaching adventure. Montana 650 stores and displays key information, such as location, terrain, difficulty, hints and descriptions, which means no more manually entering coordinates and paper print outs! Simply upload the GPX file to your unit and start hunting for caches.
Advanced Shortcut Features
Whether it’s loading an application, navigating to a waypoint, switching your profile or customising specific settings to your needs, advanced shortcuts lets you combine these functions to create a custom-tailored, streamlined experience. Each Montana comes with pre-loaded shortcuts – Go Home, Track Log On/Off and Stop Navigation – to get you started.
More Dashboards in More Places
With 1 touch of the power button, you can pull up a multi-orientation dashboard from anywhere – your map, home screen, compass, trip computer, status page and more – so you can create more dashboards in more places.
Fully Customisable Homescreen
Whether you go somewhere often, continually change settings or create shortcuts, Montana’s fully customisable home screen allows you to bring up to 16 items from "Where To?," "Setup" and "Shortcuts" to your home screen so you can easily access them without having to click between screens.
Reorderable Menu Options
Reorder any menu however you like with this new feature, which keeps you from constantly scrolling to the bottom of a long list.
Montana’s smarter profiles feature remembers which profile you were using, based on the mount, so when you’re off-roading or trying to find a bike shop, it will put you in the right frame of mind so you can get you on your way quickly.
Don’t like the way something is set up? No worries. With a tap of a button, you can configure your applications easily and quickly with adaptable controls. Have to mount on the right handle bar? No problem. Montana can accommodate left- or right-handed setups based on the screen orientation.
Big and Tough – Goes anywhere, everywhere
- Uses map data to display your “full track view” so you know what you’re up against
- Logs everything (waypoints, tracks, caches, etc.) on your calendar so you can review (or boast) about your accomplishments later
- Changes to “night mode” automatically so your eyes stay focused even when the sun goes down
- Includes a QWERTY keyboard so you can find what you need and take notes faster
- Helps you keep your bearings straight by letting you to lock your screen to keep it from shifting directions (portrait to landscape or vice versa)
- Includes a 5 megapixel camera; each photo automatically is geotagged with the location of where it was taken
- Mapping options available include City Navigator NT® or Garmin GB Discoverer™ maps. Both give you turn-by-turn driving directions. Garmin GB Discoverer also provides Ordnance Survey mapping for use on the trail. BlueChart® g2 preloaded cards can be used for a great day on the water, BirdsEye™ Select lets you download customised sections of premium raster-based maps to your device and integrate them with your maps. Montana is also compatible with Custom Maps which transforms paper and electronic maps into downloadable maps for your device.
- Shares waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly with other compatible Garmin GPS users
- Locates your position quickly and precisely and maintains it even in heavy cover and deep valleys
- Includes a built-in 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass and barometric altimeter
- Features a one-of-a-kind dual battery system; you can use the rechargeable lithium-ion pack or traditional AA batteries
- Supports geocaching GPX files for downloading geocaches and details straight to your unit
What's in the box:
- Montana 650
- Lithium-ion battery pack
- USB cable
- AC charger
- Quickstart Guide