Giant Contend SL 2 2019 - Road Bike
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Road bikes See the latest products
New in Road bikes
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information Premium road bike performance at an affordable price point. The Giant Contend SL 2 is a road bike th... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
Premium road bike performance at an affordable price point. The Giant Contend SL 2 is a road bike that is built around a lightweight alloy frame with high end features, like internal cable routing and hidden seat clamp. The endurance geometry offers a slightly more upright riding position than a road race bike to help keep you fresh in the saddle for longer making this bike ideal for Sportives.
- Lightweight ALUXX SL-Grade aluminium alloy frame with endurance geometry
- Carbon bladed fork for lightweight steering precision
- D-fuse seat post for improved comfort on rough road surfaces
- Shimano Tiagra 1x10 speed drivetrain with wide range cassette
- Giant S-R2 wheels with wide 28c tyres for a smoother ride
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Medium/Large, Large, X Large
- Colours: Gun Metal Black/Red
- The Giant Contend SL 2 is available with 0% APR finance
This lightweight aluminium all-rounder puts a premium on smooth, confident handling. Its versatile frame geometry is designed to blend endurance positioning with quick and agile cornering and climbing.
Balanced road geometry: Frame is specifically engineered to produce a balanced, all-rounder feel that blends confident rider positioning with agile cornering and acceleration.
Smooth ride quality: Innovative D-Fuse composite seatpost design reduces road shocks and vibrations for a smooth ride quality that improves comfort and minimises fatigue.
ALUXX SL Aluminium Technology
This high-performance level, state-of-the-art Aluminium material is made predominantly from 6011 alloy and delivers best-in-class strength-to-weight ratios. These framesets also feature unique welding technologies for a high-performance ride quality.
Named for the shape of the seatpost and handlebar, the lightweight D fuse components work as part of the bike to significantly reduce road vibrations and aid compliance.
Compact Road Design
Introduced by Giant with the professional Team ONCE in the 1990s, Compact Road revolutionised the look and feel of high-performance road bikes forever. A downward sloping top tube (from the head tube to the seat tube) creates smaller front and rear triangles for a lighter, stiffer bike. It also makes it easier for riders of all sizes to have a perfect fit.
Giant’s original oversized fork steerer tube technology. Designed to provide precise front-end steering performance, the system’s oversized headset bearings (1 1/4” lower and 1 1/8” upper for road, 1 1/2” lower and 1 1/8” upper for mountain) and tapered steerer tube work in conjunction to provide optimal steering stiffness.
All Tredz bikes are:
- Fully built & ready to ride
- Fully checked & tested by Cytech qualified mechanics
- Available with 0% APR finance on baskets over £99
- 365 day no hassle returns
- Free delivery in the UK Mainland on a date that suits you
In the box with every Tredz bike is:
- Free Tredz 9 key trail tool
- Free Tredz pedal spanner
- Free basic pedals
- Tredz drawstring kit bag
- 16 point quality control check sheet
- Basic bike setup instructions
- Free Cycle Plan insurance voucher (8 weeks)
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.
|Frame:||ALUXX SL-Grade Aluminum|
|Fork:||Advanced-grade composite, Hybrid OverDrive steerer|
|Front Brake:||Tektro TK-B177|
|Rear Brake:||Tektro TK-B177|
|Brake Lever:||Shimano Tiagra|
|Front Mech:||Shimano Tiagra|
|Rear Mech:||Shimano Tiagra|
|Shifters:||20 speed Shimano Tiagra|
|Front Hub:||Giant Sport Tracker Road, 24h/32h|
|Rear Hub:||Giant Sport Tracker Road, 24h/32h|
|Front Tyre:||Giant P-R3 AC, front and rear specific, puncture protection, 700x28|
|Rear Tyre:||Giant P-R3 AC, front and rear specific, puncture protection, 700x28|
|Seat Post:||Giant D-Fuse composite|
|Saddle:||Giant Contact Forward|
|Chainset:||Shimano Tiagra, 50/34|
|Bottom Bracket:||Shimano Press Fit|
|Cassette:||Shimano Tiagra, 11x34|
|Pedals:||Basic Resin Flat|