Giant Contend SL 2 Disc 2019 - Road Bike
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Road bikes See the latest products
New in Road bikes
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information Quick and confident on every ride. The Giant Contend SL 2 Disc is an road bike that is built around ... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (1)
Quick and confident on every ride. The Giant Contend SL 2 Disc is an road bike that is built around a premium alloy frame and offers the all-weather stopping control of hydraulic disc brakes. With its endurance road geometry wide tyres and D-Fuse seatpost, the Contend is good for long distance cycling on less than perfect road surfaces. From sportives to club rides, the Giant Contend offers next level road bike performance.
- Lightweight ALUXX SL-Grade aluminium alloy frame with endurance geometry
- Carbon bladed fork for lightweight steering precision
- D-fuse seat post for improved comfort on rough road surfaces
- Shimano Tiagra 1x10 speed drivetrain with wide range cassette
- Giant S-R2 disc wheels with wide 28c tyres for a smoother ride
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Medium/Large, Large, X Large
- Colours: Gun Metal Black/Orange
- The Giant Contend SL 2 Disc is available with 0% APR finance
The perfect blend of confident and capable. Designed to help you take your road riding to the next level, Contend SL Disc is your ticket to longer rides, faster speeds and more fun than you ever imagined.
Balanced road geometry: Frame is specifically engineered to produce a balanced, all-rounder feel that blends confident rider positioning with agile cornering and acceleration.
Smooth ride quality: Innovative D-Fuse composite seatpost design reduces road shocks and vibrations for a smooth ride quality that improves comfort and minimises fatigue.
ALUXX SL Aluminium Technology
This high-performance level, state-of-the-art Aluminium material is made predominantly from 6011 alloy and delivers best-in-class strength-to-weight ratios. These framesets also feature unique welding technologies for a high-performance ride quality.
Named for the shape of the seatpost and handlebar, the lightweight D fuse components work as part of the bike to significantly reduce road vibrations and aid compliance.
Compact Road Design
Introduced by Giant with the professional Team ONCE in the 1990s, Compact Road revolutionised the look and feel of high-performance road bikes forever. A downward sloping top tube (from the head tube to the seat tube) creates smaller front and rear triangles for a lighter, stiffer bike. It also makes it easier for riders of all sizes to have a perfect fit.
Giant’s original oversized fork steerer tube technology. Designed to provide precise front-end steering performance, the system’s oversized headset bearings (1 1/4” lower and 1 1/8” upper for road, 1 1/2” lower and 1 1/8” upper for mountain) and tapered steerer tube work in conjunction to provide optimal steering stiffness.
All Tredz bikes are:
- Fully built & ready to ride
- Fully checked & tested by Cytech qualified mechanics
- Available with 0% APR finance on baskets over £99
- 365 day no hassle returns
- Free delivery in the UK Mainland on a date that suits you
In the box with every Tredz bike is:
- Free Tredz 9 key trail tool
- Free Tredz pedal spanner
- Free basic pedals
- Tredz drawstring kit bag
- 16 point quality control check sheet
- Basic bike setup instructions
- Free Cycle Plan insurance voucher (8 weeks)
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.
|Frame:||ALUXX SL-Grade Aluminum|
|Fork:||Advanced-grade composite, Hybrid OverDrive steerer|
|Front Brake:||Giant Conduct Hydraulic Disc Brake, 140mm|
|Rear Brake:||Giant Conduct Hydraulic Disc Brake, 140mm|
|Brake Lever:||Shimano Tiagra|
|Front Mech:||Shimano Tiagra|
|Rear Mech:||Shimano Tiagra|
|Shifters:||20 speed Shimano Tiagra|
|Rims:||Giant SR-2 Disc|
|Front Hub:||Giant Sport Tracker Road Disc, 28h|
|Rear Hub:||Giant Sport Tracker Road Disc, 28h|
|Front Tyre:||Giant P-R3 AC, front and rear specific, puncture protection, 700x28|
|Rear Tyre:||Giant P-R3 AC, front and rear specific, puncture protection, 700x28|
|Seat Post:||Giant D-Fuse Composite|
|Saddle:||Giant Contact Forward|
|Chainset:||Shimano Tiagra, 50/34|
|Bottom Bracket:||Shimano Press Fit|
|Cassette:||Shimano Tiagra, 11-34|
|Pedals:||Basic Resin Flat|
Giant Contend SL 2 Disc 2019 - Road Bike Reviews
Customer Reviews (1)
I have had the bike for a week now and I couldn't be happier with it. Firstly it looks amazing, pictures don't do it justice. I use it for daily commute and longer rides on days off. I find it really comfortable and easy to live with. For the money I think the spec level is great, would recommend to anyone. Looking forward to many more rides.
I have had the bike for a week now and I couldn't be happier with it. Firstly it looks amazing, pictures don't do it justice. I use it for daily commute and longer rides on days off. I find it really comfortable and easy to live with. For the money I think the spec level is great, would recommend to anyone. Looking forward to many more rides.Close review