Goodr Phoenix at a Bloody Mary Bar - The OG Sunglasses
- ShowProduct Information Classic shape with new levels of style and performance. We designed these shades to look good and fi... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
- Show Cycling Glasses Guide
- Show Delivery & Guarantee
Classic shape with new levels of style and performance. We designed these shades to look good and fit comfortably on your face whether you're haulin' ass down a mountain trail or drinking beers in a Mexican cantina.
Next time you black-in while inside a bathtub in Las Vegas, rise from the ashes of your dumpster fire of a life with these red frames with rose lenses and a little hair of the dog. We prefer a thick and salty Bloody Mary.
NO SLIP. NO BOUNCE. ALL FUN.
- No Slip - We use special grip coating to construct our frame to help eliminate slippage when sweating.
- No Bounce - Our frame is snug and light-weight, with a comfortable fit to prevent bouncing while running.
- No Leopards - Plus, no one wearing goodr running sunglasses has ever been attacked by a leopard (as far as we know).
Phoenix at a Bloody Mary Bar Origin Story:
As you may know, we at goodr very much enjoy a good drink (or ten… okay twenty, but just know it’s a hobby, not a habit.. we can stop any time we want). And like everything else we do, it’s done at 100%. Every nutritionist will tell you, the most important drink you’ll have is the breakfast drink as it will help fuel your body and dull your mind for the rest of the day (with the occasional top off from the ol’ hip flask). Because of the importance of the morning drink, we have spent countless hours in the goodr Alcoholic Drink Laboratory (which may or may not be the bathroom of a Motel 6 that we outfitted with a camp stove and a couple of buckets of ice) perfecting the quintessential breakfast beverage: the Bloody Mary.
What we discovered was the hotter you make a bloody mary, the more effective the drink is at burning away the previous day’s bad decisions and terrible, terrible sins. In other words, you use the drink to burn down the old, ruined self and allow the new you to rise from the ashes of your hangover like a phoenix (or just convulse on the ground in pain until you can regain enough control to crawl to the refrigerator for milk). So naturally we named the drink Phoenix at a Bloody Mary Bar and named a pair of shades after the drink (as is our wont). In any case, here’s the recipe. Try it at your own risk.
For the mix:
- 3 cups (24 ounces) tomato juice
- 5 teaspoons Blair’s 16 Million Reserve Hot Sauce
- 1 1/2 ounces freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 1 medium lemon)
- 2 teaspoons Dave’s Ultimate Insanity Sauce
- 1 1/2 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 2 medium limes)
- 2.4 teaspoons 357 MAD DOG Hot Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons Magma Hot Sauce
- 2 teaspoons peeled and finely grated fresh horseradish
- 14 crushed seeds of a Guatemalan Insanity Pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground Vietnamese spicy black pepper
- 4 cups (16 ounces) of 176 Proof Balkan Vodka
- Ghost Peppers
- Spicy pickle spears
- Spicy bacon
- The skin of a poison dart frog (preferably blue, but any colour will do)
FOR THE MIX:
Place all of the ingredients in a stainless steel 1-quart container and whisk until well combined. Be careful not to inhale the fumes as they may cause dizziness, hallucinations or paralysis. Cover and refrigerate until the flavours meld and the mix is chilled and the contents makes the sound of the chorus of 1,000 dying baby deer; at least 2 hours or preferably overnight. The mix will keep refrigerated in a container with a tight-fitting lid for up to 24 hours. After that time it becomes highly combustible as its component parts break down into trinitrotoluene.
- When ready to serve, put on a gas mask and whisk the mix to recombine.
- Fill 8 highball glasses halfway with ice. Pour 2 ounces of the vodka and 4 ounces of the mix into each glass and stir to combine. Garnish each with 3 ghost peppers, a spicy pickle spear and some bacon.
- Light the concoction on fire and roast the poison dart frog skin until ashen.
- Spread the ashes of the poison dart frog around the glass and perform the incantation of happy drinking times.
- Enjoy your drink!
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.
There are currently no customer reviews
Cycling Glasses Guide
Delivery & Guarantee
UK Delivery Information
Please Note: Due to the current circumstances we are experiencing high demand so we may take a little longer than usual to despatch your order. Our Warehouse and Bike Build team are up and running as normal and we are taking active measures to ensure that we are following the government guidance with social distancing and additional health & safety measures have been put in place throughout the business. Please rest assured we will do everything we can to get your order to you as quickly as possible.
We are committed to offering fast and free delivery, whether you're ordering bikes, accessories or clothing. Our standard delivery service is FREE in the UK, regardless of the size and on all orders over £20.
Please note that bulky products and bikes shipped to outlying UK regions are excluded from free shipping.
Please note that Pre-Order dates can sometimes change due to updated stock information.
Click here for more UK and international delivery information.
Returns & Warranty
It's easy to return a product with our 365 day, hassle free returns.
We will give you a full refund or exchange on any item that is returned to us unused/unfitted, in a resaleable condition and in its original packaging (where possible).
Please note: For hygiene reasons, we cannot accept returns of facemasks, undershorts or underwear if the item has been removed/unsealed from its original packaging.
If your item develops a fault or arrives damaged, please contact us first so we can resolve the issue for you as quickly as possible.
For more information please visit our Returns & Warranty page.