Kona Big Honzo 27.5"+ Mountain Bike 2019 - Hardtail MTB
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Hardtail MTB See the latest products
New in Hardtail MTB
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information The hardtail to challenge full sus bikes on technical trails. The Kona Big Honzo is a plus sized mou... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
The hardtail to challenge full sus bikes on technical trails. The Kona Big Honzo is a plus sized mountain bike that combines dialled trail geometry with a 130mm travel RockShox fork. With the extra grip and float offered by the plus sized tyres the Big Honzo is far more capable on challenging trails than the average hardtail.
- 6061 aluminium alloy frame is built for the trail
- RockShox Recon RL fork for 130mm of plush suspension travel
- SRAM NX 1x11 speed drivetrain for intuitive shifting with a wide gear range
- Shimano hydraulic disc brakes for powerful all-weather stopping
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, X Large
- Colours: Matte Black/Emerald Green
- The Kona Big Honzo27.5” is available with 0% APR finance
You love the Honzo but wanted an aggressive hardtail with a bit more versatility. Enter the Big Honzo. With geometry derived from our carbon Big Honzo’s, the Big Honzo was designed around a 27.5+ wheel but is cross-compatible with a 29” wheel, allowing you to create your favourite configuration to get the most out of the terrain you ride the most. The Big Honzo features 130mm of RockShox front suspension, boost spacing, a SRAM NX 1x11 speed drivetrain, a dropper post and hydraulic disc brakes in an affordable package.
Kona 6061 Aluminium - Kona 7005 and 6061 Aluminium alloys are used extensively throughout our fleet of mountain and asphalt bicycles. A tough, durable, light alloy, both Kona 7005 and 6061 deliver fantastic, reliable performance that lasts for thousands of rides. Much of our 7005/6061 tubing is butted and/or formed, meaning the tubing’s wall thickness can be increased or decreased, as well as shaped, so we can fine-tune a particular frame’s strength and ride characteristics depending on its intended application.
Internal Headset - Bearing cups are actually pressed into the frame and are easily removable. An internal headset also reduces stack height, so the height of the stem and bars are more adjustable, giving the rider the best fit possible.
Tapered Headtube - More girth at the bottom of the head tube better distributes shock force, prolonging the bearing life of the headset itself and eliminating brake shudder, while providing confident steering performance. The inherent strength of its triangular design also means a stronger steering position and improved balance, giving the rider more control in rough terrain. A zero-stack, tapered head tube also puts strength where the load is going—into the lower headset cup—maximizing bearing durability where it’s needed.
Tubeless Compatible Rims - Tubeless rims allow for tires with more puncture resistance; the ability to run lower tire pressure, which provides better tire grip on the trail; lower rolling resistance; and weight savings over the traditional tube and tire systems.
12x148mm Axle - 12x142mm, 12x148 and 12x157 rear axle standards provide two major advantages to the Kona rider: the 12mm diameter of the rear axle provides the rear hub and frame with a stiff interface, while the 142/148/157mm outer diameter of the hub allows the wheel to be quickly and properly positioned in the frame before the rear axle is inserted. For 2017, you’ll see the 12x148 Boost standard in the mix. Boost spacing provides more tire clearance at the chainstay yoke, while the rear wheel is stiffer and more durable relative to a 12x142 thru-axle.
27.5"+ Wheels - The benefits of the 27.5-inch wheel are simple: they roll over obstacles and track better than 26-inch wheels, but are more manoeuvrable and nimble than 29-inch ones.
All Tredz bikes are:
- Fully built & ready to ride
- Fully checked & tested by Cytech qualified mechanics
- Available with 0% APR finance (up to 48 months) on any basket over £99
- UK price match guarantee
- 365 day no hassle returns
- Free delivery in the UK Mainland on a date that suits you
In the box with every Tredz bike is:
- Free Tredz 9 key trail tool
- Free Tredz pedal spanner
- Free basic pedals
- Tredz drawstring kit bag
- 16 point quality control check sheet
- Basic bike setup instructions
- Free Cycle Plan insurance voucher (8 weeks)
|Frame:||Kona 6061 Aluminum Butted|
|Fork:||RockShox Recon RL Solo Air 130mm Tapered 110mm Spacing|
|Stem:||Kona XC/BC 35|
|Bars:||Kona XC/BC 35|
|Front Brake:||Shimano RT30 180mm (Centerlock)|
|Rear Brake:||Shimano RT30 160mm (Centerlock)|
|Brake Lever:||Shimano Hydraulic|
|Rear Mech:||SRAM NX|
|Rims:||WTB ST i35|
|Front Hub:||Shimano 110x15mm (Centerlock)|
|Rear Hub:||Shimano 148x12mm (Centerlock)|
|Spokes:||Stainless Black 15g fr / 14g rr|
|Front Tyre:||WTB Ranger TCS 27.5x2.8"|
|Rear Tyre:||WTB Ranger TCS 27.5x2.8"|
|Seat Post:||Trans-X Dropper Internal 31.6mm|
|Chainset:||SRAM NX 28t X-Sync|
|Bottom Bracket:||SRAM Powerspline 73mm|
Occasionally without notice, manufacturers sometimes change product specifications.