Kona Honzo 29er Mountain Bike 2019 - Hardtail MTB
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Hardtail MTB See the latest products
New in Hardtail MTB
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information Original hardtail roots. The Kona Honzo is a 120mm travel trail mountain bike that features fast rol... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
Original hardtail roots. The Kona Honzo is a 120mm travel trail mountain bike that features fast rolling 29” wheels with thoroughly modern geometry that retains the fun-loving appeal of its esteemed predecessors. Different, in a good way, from the average 29er, the Honzo combines speed and efficiency with a nimble and capable ride.
- Race Light 6061 aluminium hardtail frame for a lightweight ride
- RockShox Recon RL fork for 120mm of trail optimized suspension travel
- SRAM NX 1x11 speed drivetrain for intuitive shifting with a wide gear range
- Shimano hydraulic disc brakes for powerful all-weather stopping
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, X Large
- Colours: Matte Black/Red/Mint
- The Kona Honzo 29er is available with 0% APR finance
The Honzo is the original low-slung, trail-ready hardtail. Its progressive geometry has been updated over the years, but its fun-loving attitude hasn’t changed one bit. It’s the 29er that doesn’t feel like a 29er, the dependable friend that’s always ready to party – and maybe to get into trouble with you once in a while. With a 120mm RockShox Recon fork, RaceFace Aeffect crank, wide range Shimano Deore 1x drivetrain, and Maxxis Ardent tires, the Honzo AL is ready to get the party started.
KONA 6061 ALUMINUM
Kona 7005 and 6061 Aluminium alloys are used extensively throughout our fleet of mountain and asphalt bicycles. A tough, durable, light alloy, both Kona 7005 and 6061 deliver fantastic, reliable performance that lasts for thousands of rides. Much of our 7005/6061 tubing is butted and/or formed, meaning the tubing’s wall thickness can be increased or decreased, as well as shaped, so we can fine-tune a particular frame’s strength and ride characteristics depending on its intended application.
Bearing cups are actually pressed into the frame and are easily removable. An internal headset also reduces stack height, so the height of the stem and bars are more adjustable, giving the rider the best fit possible.
TAPERED HEAD TUBE
More girth at the bottom of the head tube better distributes shock force, prolonging the bearing life of the headset itself and eliminating brake shudder, while providing confident steering performance. The inherent strength of its triangular design also means a stronger steering position and improved balance, giving the rider more control in rough terrain. A zero-stack, tapered head tube also puts strength where the load is going—into the lower headset cup—maximizing bearing durability where it’s needed.
12x142mm, 12x148 and 12x157 rear axle standards provide two major advantages to the Kona rider: the 12mm diameter of the rear axle provides the rear hub and frame with a stiff interface, while the 142/148/157mm outer diameter of the hub allows the wheel to be quickly and properly positioned in the frame before the rear axle is inserted. For 2017, you’ll see the 12x148 Boost standard in the mix. Boost spacing provides more tire clearance at the chainstay yoke, while the rear wheel is stiffer and more durable relative to a 12x142 thru-axle.
All Tredz bikes are:
- Fully built & ready to ride
- Fully checked & tested by Cytech qualified mechanics
- Available with 0% APR finance on baskets over £99
- 365 day no hassle returns
- Free delivery in the UK Mainland on a date that suits you
In the box with every Tredz bike is:
- Free Tredz 9 key trail tool
- Free Tredz pedal spanner
- Free basic pedals
- Tredz drawstring kit bag
- 16 point quality control check sheet
- Basic bike setup instructions
- Free Cycle Plan insurance voucher (8 weeks)
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.
|Frame:||Kona 6061 Aluminum Butted|
|Fork:||RockShox Recon RL Solo Air 120mm Tapered 110mm Spacing|
|Stem:||Kona XC/BC 35|
|Bars:||Kona XC/BC 35|
|Front Brake:||Shimano RT30 180mm (centerlock)|
|Rear Brake:||Shimano RT30 160mm (centerlock)|
|Brake Lever:||Shimano Hydraulic|
|Rear Mech:||SRAM NX|
|Rims:||WTB ST i29 TCS|
|Front Hub:||Shimano 110x15mm (centerlock)|
|Rear Hub:||Shimano 148x12mm (centerlock)|
|Spokes:||Stainless Black 14g|
|Front Tyre:||WTB Trail Boss Comp 29x2.25"|
|Rear Tyre:||WTB Trail Boss Comp 29x2.25"|
|Seat Post:||Trans-X Dropper Internal 31.6mm|
|Chainset:||SRAM NX 28t X-Sync Steel|
|Bottom Bracket:||SRAM Powerspline 73mm|
|Cassette:||SRAM PG1130 11-42t 11spd|
|Pedals:||Basic Resin Flat|