Mavic CXR Ultimate 80 Tubular Road Wheels 2017
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Wheels - road See the latest products
New in Wheels - road
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information Slice through the wind with Mavic’s hyperaero CXR Ultimate 80 Tubular Road Wheels, built for race sp... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
Slice through the wind with Mavic’s hyperaero CXR Ultimate 80 Tubular Road Wheels, built for race speeds.
The rims are full 3k carbon fibre, to make them as lightweight and strong as possible. The 80mm deep carbon flanges cut through the wind, making use of a NACA inspired profile and CX01 Blades that integrate with the tyre to further reduce air turbulence. These rims use tubular tyres. Specific brake pads are included for the best braking power.
To keep the hubs lightweight, Mavic uses a carbon shell in front combined with aluminium flanges. The freewheel is steel for long term durability, and can be converted to Campagnolo standard with a freewheel sold separately.
With 16 spokes in front and 20 in the rear, weight is kept to a minimum. The double butted, bladed steel spokes add further aerodynamic efficiency and are radially laced in the front and rear non-drive side, and a 2 cross pattern in the rear drive side.
The CXR Ultimate 80 Tubular Road Wheels come with Mavic CXR Ultimate tyres that match perfectly with the CX01 Bladed technology in the rims for air cutting performance. The front tyre has the Griplink compound for greater grip, while the rear has the Powerlink compound for less rolling resistance. The tyres are tubular and feature a 210TPI casing.
- For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels don't exceed 120kg, bike included
- Recommended tyre size: 23 mm
- Max. Pressure: 23mm 8.7 bars - 125 psi
- Weight Front725g
- Weight Pair1630g
- Weight Rear905g
- Weight Tyre 700x23230g
- The Mavic CXR Ultimate 80 Tubular Road Wheels are available with 0% APR finance
- Material: 3K carbon fibres
- Height: 80 mm, Width: 27 mm with CX01 groves
- Drilling: traditional
- Brake track: carbon
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Tyre: tubular
- ETRTO size: 28" tubular
- Material: steel
- Shape: straight pull, bladed, double butted
- Nipples: aluminium, ABS
- Count: front 16, rear 20
- Lacing: radial front and rear non-drive side, crossed 2 rear drive side
- Front and rear bodies: carbon centre tube and aluminium flanges
- Axle material: aluminium
- Adjustable sealed cartridge bearings
- Freewheel: FTS-L steel
- CXR Ultimate GripLink (front) & PowerLink (rear)
- To be used with CX01 Blades (CX01 Blades are not compatible with any other tyre)
- Specific aero shape for Cosmic CXR rim profile
- Front and Rear Tread: Single Compound
- Casing: 210 TPI
- Breaker: Polyamide
- Dimension: 28"-23
- Freewheel: Shimano/Sram or Campagnolo, convertible to XD-R with optional driver body
- Freewheel: Shimano/Sram, convertible to Campagnolo with optional driver body
- Front axle: Quick Release only
- Rear axle: Quick Release only
- BR601 quick releases
- CXR specific carbon brake pads
- Valve extender
- Multifunction adjustment wrench
- User guide