Mavic Cosmic Elite UST Road Wheel Set
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Wheels - road See the latest products
New in Wheels - road
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information The Cosmic Elite is a perfect entry point into high-level race performance. This all-new UST Road Tu... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
The Cosmic Elite is a perfect entry point into high-level race performance. This all-new UST Road Tubeless system delivers a smoother ride and improved puncture resistance while retaining a lightweight feel for climbing and accelerating.
By removing the tube, we’ve also removed friction—so there’s less rolling resistance, which means it requires less energy to reach higher speeds. The UST system, including the sealant that makes the tires more resistant to punctures, is also 40g lighter than a traditional tube and tire system. Wind tunnel testing led us to create a 30mm deep rim that optimizes aero performance and improves stability in crosswinds. The alloy rim benefits from our unrivaled experience creating light yet strong rim extrusions. We do this by carefully tuning the thickness of the rim wall to hit the sweet spot between stiffness, strength and weight.
Pedaling torque is efficiently transferred with our FTS-L freewheel system, which is light, smooth, stiff and easy to service. The hub easily converts from Shimano/SRAM to Campagnolo cassette.
The Cosmic Elite comes with our new Yksion Elite UST tires, which deliver the best balance of low rlling resistance and high grip to further enhance the efficiency of these wheels.
- Roll faster and smoother with a reduced risk of punctures.
- With UST Road Tubeless, no tube means no friction. So you experience less rolling resistance and higher speeds.
- UST Road Tubeless lets you ride with lower tire pressure for smoother ride and a reduced risk of punctures.
- Our patented UST system offers a perfect union between tire and wheel, so installation, removal and maintenance are easy.
- Added speed and efficiency for sprints and solo riding.
- 30mm deep aero rim profile.
- Ultra bladed straight pull spokes.
- Aerodynamic hubs.
- Long-lasting durability you can depend on.
- SUP welding.
- Reinforced lower bridge gives the rim incredible resistance.
- Interchangeable QRM cartridge bearings.
Rear axle: Quick Release only
Front axle: Quick Release only
Freewheel: Shimano/Sram, convertible to Campagnolo with optional driver body
Front and rear bodies: aluminum
Axle material: steel
Sealed cartridge bearings (QRM)
Freewheel: FTS-L steel
Max. Pressure: see indication on wheel and tyre. If they differ, use the lowest of the 2
For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels don't exceed 120kg, bike included
ASTM CATEGORY 2 : road and offroad with jumps less than 15cm
Recommended tyre sizes: 25 to 32 mm
Front and Rear Tread: 11 Storm single compound
Yksion Pro UST
UST Tubeless Ready
Dimension: 25-622 (700x25c)
Breaker: Polyamide, from bead to bead
Casing: 127 TPI
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.