Mavic Crossmax Elite WTS MTB Wheels 29er - 2017
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Wheels - MTB 29 See the latest products
New in Wheels - MTB 29
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information Alloy cross country wheels you can trust. The Mavic Crossmax Elite WTS MTB Wheels are lightweight an... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
Alloy cross country wheels you can trust. The Mavic Crossmax Elite WTS MTB Wheels are lightweight and robust, giving you peace of mind on the mountains and racing.
Using Mavic’s ISM 4D weight savings technology, the Crossmax rims have been machined between the spokes to remove any excess material, while keeping strength high. They are made from Maxtal alloy, a high strength-to-weight aluminium and feature Mavic’s SUP join, for even great strength. The hookless, 22mm internal diameter rims hit that balance between tyre support and reduced rolling resistance. These rims have been designed to work perfectly with tubeless systems, and come with a tubeless kit.
The hubs have both alloy bodies as well as axles, for lightweight rolling, and an ITS-4 alloy freehubs to efficiently transfers power. Sealed cartridge bearings make maintenance easy and the bodies are alloy for weight savings as are the axles. The rear wheels come supplied with 12x142mm adaptors, while the front can be converted to quick release with adaptors available separately. These wheels are also available with a SRAM XD driver freehub or standard Shimano and in Boost spacing (front: 15x110mm/rear: 12x148mm).
Matching up to the hubs are straight pull steel spokes. These add rigidity and strength. The weak point of normal J-bend spokes is removed with the use of straight-pull spokes, allowing for less spokes to be used and keeping the wheels lightweight. There are 24 spokes front and rear with a 2 cross pattern for both wheels. The spokes are bladed for even more rigidity and double butted, giving an even lighter weight.
The Pulse Pro tyres offers low rolling resistance and high speed. The X-mix dual compound rubber has harder, low-profile centre knobs to keep rolling fast, while softer, higher side knobs offer greater grip in the corners. These tyres are UST tubeless ready.
- Maxtal rim is both light and strong, built with a 22mm internal width rim and a hookless profile
- ISM4D machining makes the wheel lighter without compromising on strength
- ITS 4 freewheel system gives you faster acceleration
- Simple and reliable construction
- 24 straight-pull bladed and double-butted spokes on front and rear
- Tubeless tape on wheels: the lightest and simplest way to get the tubeless benefits such as better traction, comfort, and reduced risk of flats
- Pulse Pro tyre in 2.1 or 2.25
- Light and strong single ply casing
- X-mix dual compound, offering a combination of safe grip and speed
- For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels don't exceed 120kg, bike included
- Mavic Crossmax Elite WTS MTB Wheels 29er are available with 0% APR finance
- Shimano | 6 Bolt | 2.10"/2.25" tyres - Compatible with: Shimano 10/11 speed, SRAM 10 speed
- SRAM XD | 6 Bolt | 2.10"/2.25" tyres - Compatible with: SRAM 11 speed
- Lefty Supermax| 6 Bolt | 2.25" tyres - Compatible with: Cannondale Lefty
- Shimano Boost | 6 Bolt | 2.25" tyres - Compatible with: Shimano 10/11 speed, SRAM 10 speed (Front 110mm hub, rear 148mm)
- SRAM XD Boost | 6 Bolt | 2.25" tyres - Compatible with: Shimano 10/11 speed, SRAM 10 speed (Front 110mm hub, rear 148mm)
- Front - 6 bolts 15mm (9mm QR adapter included)
- Rear - 6 bolts 12x135 & 12x142
- Sizing -Boost (front 110, rear 148) or Non-Boost (front 100, rear 135/142)
- Pair 29" without tyre: 1615 grams
- Material: Maxtal
- Joint: SUP
- Drilling: traditional
- Weight reduction: ISM 4D
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Tyre: UST Tubeless and tubetype
- Internal width: 22 mm
- ETRTO size 29": 622x22ss
- Hookless profile
- Use with Mavic Tubeless Tape
- Material: steel
- Shape: straight pull, bladed, double butted
- Count: 24 front and rear
- Lacing: front and rear crossed 2
- Front and rear bodies: aluminium
- Axle material: aluminium
- Sealed cartridge bearings
- Freewheel: ITS-4 alloy
- Pulse Pro
- UST Tubeless Ready
- Front and Rear Tread: Dual Compound
- Casing: 127 TPI
- Dimension 29": 2.10 or 2.25
In the box:
- BR101 rear quick release
- Front QR adapters
- Rear 12x142mm adapters
- UST valve and accessories
- Tubeless rim tape