Mavic XA Elite WTS 27.5" MTB Wheels 2017
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
New Product There's a newer version of this product now available...
Recommended alternatives We've found some more items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Wheels - MTB 650B See the latest products
New in Wheels - MTB 650B
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information An mountain bike wheel with purpose. The Mavic XA Elite WTS 27.5" MTB Wheels are lightweight and str... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (1)
An mountain bike wheel with purpose. The Mavic XA Elite WTS 27.5" MTB Wheels are lightweight and strong, adding performance to any trail bike.
Using Mavic’s ISM 4D weight savings technology, the XA rims have been machined between the spokes to remove any excess material, while keeping strength high. They are made from Maxtal alloy, a high strength-to-weight aluminium and feature Mavic’s SUP join, for even great strength. The hookless, 25mm internal diameter rims hit that balance between tyre support and reduced rolling resistance. These rims have been designed to work perfectly with tubeless systems, and come with a tubeless kit.
The hubs have both alloy bodies as well as axles, for lightweight rolling, and an ITS-4 alloy freehubs to efficiently transfers power. Sealed cartridge bearings make maintenance easy and the bodies are alloy for weight savings as are the axles. The rear wheels come supplied with 12x142mm adaptors, while the front can be converted to quick release with adaptors available separately. These wheels are also available with a SRAM XD driver freehub or standard Shimano and in Boost spacing (front: 15x110mm/rear: 12x148mm).
Matching up to the hubs are straight pull steel spokes. These add rigidity and strength. The weak point of normal J-bend spokes is removed with the use of straight-pull spokes, allowing for less spokes to be used and keeping the wheels lightweight. There are 24 spokes front and rear with a 2 cross pattern for both wheels. The spokes are bladed for even more rigidity and double butted, giving an even lighter weight.
The X-mix, dual compound Quest Pro tyres offer great grip in the corners with softer side knobs, yet fast rolling with the highly spaced centre knobs. The casing protects from those sneaky rocks on the trail, keeping you rolling even through really rough terrain. These tyres are UST tubeless ready.
- For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels don't exceed 120kg, bike included
- Recommended tyre sizes: 35 mm to 69 mm (1.4" to 2.7")
- Weight Front 27.5"780g
- Weight Pair 27.5"1695g
- Weight Rear 27.5"915g
- Weight Tyre 27.5 x 2.4780g
- Mavic XA Elite WTS 27.5 MTB Wheels are available with 0% APR finance
- Material: Maxtal
- Joint: SUP
- Drilling: traditional
- Weight reduction: ISM 4D
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Tyre: UST Tubeless and tubetype
- Internal width: 25 mm
- ETRTO size 27.5": 584x25ss
- Hookless profile
- Use with Mavic Tubeless Tape
- Material: steel
- Shape: straight pull, bladed, double butted
- Count: 24 front and rear
- Lacing: front and rear crossed 2
- Front and rear bodies: aluminium
- Axle material: aluminium
- Sealed cartridge bearings
- Freewheel: ITS-4 alloy
- Quest Pro
- UST Tubeless Ready
- Front and Rear Tread: Dual Compound
- Casing: 127 TPI
- Dimension 27.5": 2.4
- Colour: Black or Black/Blue or Black/Green
- Disc standard : 6 Bolts only
- Hub width : Boost (front 110, rear 148) or Non-Boost (front 100, rear 135/142)
- Lefty Supermax
- Freewheel: Shimano/Sram, convertible to XD with optional driver body
- Front axle: convertible from 15mm thru axle to Quick Release with included adapters
- Rear axle: convertible from Quick Release to 12mm thru axle with included adapters
- Front QR adapters
- Rear 12x142mm adapters
- UST valve and accessories
- Tubeless rim tape
Mavic XA Elite WTS 27.5" MTB Wheels 2017 Reviews
Customer Reviews (1)
A really well built wheelset yes it's expensive but it's good quality and they look great fitting was a so easy all you need comes in the box to set them up to tubeless is a doddle so glad I got these wheels
A really well built wheelset yes it's expensive but it's good quality and they look great fitting was a so easy all you need comes in the box to set them up to tubeless is a doddle so glad I got these wheelsClose review