The lightest pedal system available while still delivering the most efficient power transfer
Thanks to a new ultralight carbon pedal body and a further enlightened titanium axle, the Zxellium Ultimate reaches a new weight standard. The high power transfer capabilities of the Zxellium platform is further enhanced by a super low friction ceramic bearing from CeramicSpeed®.
The lightest pedal system :
- Superlight hollow titanium axle
- Superlight carbon body
- Lighter ceramic bearing
Highest power transfer and ease of use :
- 700 mm² platform for optimal energy transfer
- 13.5 mm pedal height for the most efficient pedal strokes (best combination with Mavic footwear)
- iClic system and carbon spring blade for easy step in and out enhanced by a low friction CeramicSpeed® bearing
Greatest respect of rider's biomechanics :
- 10° angular float
- 2.5 mm lateral float
- 3 positions float sensation adjustment
Effortless engagement - iClic :
- The retention system remains open when the cleat is not engaged. When engaging, the pressure effort is reduced to minimum. When releasing the cleat, the retention system automatically locks back in the open position.
Extra wide contact area - 700 mm² :
- Extra wide cleat/pedal support area and cleat/shoe contact area, thanks to oversized pedal body plate. The body plate is user replaceable to maintain a perfect foot support over time.
Minimum stack height :
- Minimum distance between the feet and the axle allows rounder pedal strokes and negates the effect of tilting moment.
Lateral and angular float :
- Mavic pedals offer an angular float of 10° (5° in each direction), but also go further by being the only pedals also offering a self lateral adjustment of the foot on the pedal (Q factor). Users can adjust the feel of float, from free to locked in.
Feel adjustment :
- Adjustment of the lateral and angular float feeling. Easy movement or more friction, the pedal will fit every rider's preference.
Technical Features :
- Mechanism: iClic, the easiest engagement
- Spring: carbon flexion blade
- Contact area: oversize 700 mm²
- BioPosition: shoe-pedal distance, only 13.5 mm
- Body plate material: alloy, black
- Body material: ultra light carbon
- Axle material: titanium, super light hollow
- Bearing: ceramic sealed cartridge bearing by CeramicSpeed®
Shoe - Pedal interface :
- Q Factor: lateral freedom +/- 2.5 mm
- Feel adjustment: 3 positions
- Angular freedom: +/- 5°
- Release angle: 15°
- Effortless engagement - iClic
- Extra wide contact area - 700 mm²
- Minimum stack height
- Lateral and angular float
- Feel adjustment
- CeramicSpeed® bearing
Delivered with :