Northwave Extreme Tech MTB
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in MTB shoes See the latest products
New in MTB shoes
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- Show Description Pro Line Range:. The character of the shoe is evident from the name: PRO. Designed and conceived by... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
The character of the shoe is evident from the name: PRO. Designed and conceived by interpreting the needs of the professionals, this line is made with the most innovative technological advancements available, making use of cutting-edge solutions and ultra-light materials. Ideal for athletes who demand top performance from the products they choose. Because every detail can make the difference at the finish line.
Lightness first! Extreme Tech Plus is developed to give top performance with reduced weight. All components have been designed to offer maximum lightness: the sole, the locking system and a unibody upper. Its sole is full carbon for top stiffness with minimum thickness and it operates with a double SLW2 dial closing system for micrometric closure and minimized thickness and weight. Thermowelded unibody upper, without stitching and overlapping materials.
Ultralight MTB Sole.
Ultralight MTB is a ultrathin full carbon sole. The exceptionally thin thickness is the result of a major integration between the sole and the upper. The consequence: weight reduction. First on the market, the Ultralight MTB sole is built with Vibram® rubber cleats for an incomparable grip.
S.L.W.2 Micrometric Closure.
Lighter, smaller and more accurate. The closure of the shoe can be adjusted whilst pedalling thanks to the "step by step" button. The release side button makes it easy the fully open of the shoe.
NW Biomechanical Mapping.
From a biomechanical point of view, the foot function is essential as it stores the force generated by muscles which is then transmitted to the pedal in the boost phase.
Each element of the BioMap shoes by Northwave has been designed to keep the foot in the correct position while pedalling, transmitting the force directly on the pedals without loss of energy. The soles have been reduced in thickness but the overall stiffness has been increased so the mechanical energy transfer action from the shoe to the pedal can be concentrated in a small area. The upper has had its stitching minimized and is designed to anatomically follow the shape of the foot, preventing slipping and giving an effective support. The vents have also been strategically placed along the upper and the sole to work as an integrated system designed to provide a constant air flow.
Northwave has extended to its entire new collection the use of thermowelded unibody uppers. Two main advantages are:
- Use of thinner and therefore lighter materials
- Almost complete stitching elimination
The upper results are a more anatomical fitting, in order to better envelop the foot. Thanks to this technology, the upper features larger air vents resulting in improved comfort during pedalling.
Extreme Air Footbed.
Ultralight, anallergic and antibacterial, it keeps your feet amazingly fresh with numerous vents that correspond with the vents on the sole.
Integrated Heel System.
The new unibody construction of the uppers allowed to integrate an efficient heel retention system inside the structure, without the need of external elements. Same efficiency, reduced weight.
New Northwave Speedplay Adapter System.
- Co-developed with Speedplay
- Nylon with stainless steel outsole protection plate
- Just 0.3mm stack height instead of 3mm with normal Speedplay adaptor Saves 7.5 grams.
- Still allows natural curved outsole shape and reduces unnecessary weight that some 4 hole flat soled Speedplay specific shoes have.
- The natural outsole shape means the fore or aft cleat positions do not push the pedal further from the foot compared to completely flat 4 hole systems.