Nukeproof Mega 290 Comp 29er Mountain Bike 2018 - Enduro Full Suspension MTB
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Full Suspension MTB See the latest products
New in Full Suspension MTB
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information Designed for the biggest days on the mountain, the Nukeproof Mega 290 Comp is a 29er enduro mountain... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
Designed for the biggest days on the mountain, the Nukeproof Mega 290 Comp is a 29er enduro mountain bike with a world class heritage. With dialled geometry honed by the very best riders on the EWS circuit the Nukeproof Mega will inspire confidence on the trail.
- High-quality custom butted alloy frame with Boost hub spacing
- Internal dropper post routing and threaded bottom bracket
- RockShox Yari fork offers 160mm of plush suspension control
- RockShox Super Deluxe shock with custom tune for the 160 mm of rear travel
- Shimano SLX 1x11 speed drivetrain for easy shifting
- Shimano Deore hydraulic disc brakes
- Colour: Navy/Blue
- Sizes: Medium, Large, X Large
- The Nukeproof Mega 275 is available with 0% APR finance
Since 1999 the infamous Megavalanche race, which starts from the highest point on Pic Blanc (3300m) above the village of Alpe D’Huez has been synonymous with All Mountain riding and the highest level of true Mountain Bike racing.
Conceived originally in 2009 by the development team at Nukeproof in an attempt to build the perfect bike for this exact style of racing, the Mega was born. Now in its 4th evolution, the new Mega is podium proven. It has tasted success with numerous national and international race wins to its name.
Designed to Excel on the toughest Enduro tracks; the gravity focused specification is designed to descend fast but maintain the pedalling efficiency for all day epics.
For 2018 we have focussed on the smallest details in order to improve an already podium proven chassis. Making the decision to commit to a dedicated 1x drivetrain configuration across all models, this enabled our engineers to utilise the space required for a front derailleur to increase the main pivot bearing placement ensuring that maximum stiffness is achieved. This additional stiffness prevents tortional flex under pedalling and helps the chassis track through high speed, rough terrain without compromise.
With stiffness in mind, we took the time to incorporate the very latest Boost 148 rear axle spacing allowing us to spec much stiffer and stronger wheels both front and rear. All 2018 Nukeproof Mega models will come with new wider spaced Boost wheels and forks enabling the rider to feel even more confident on the increased capability of the bike.
Update Race Geometry
With the demands of Enduro World Series racers progressing at a rapid rate, we looked again at our geometry and saw an opportunity to tailor the frames to suit not only the fastest racers, but the growing tribe of riders that utilise our bikes every weekend whether that be shuttling runs at their favourite bike park, or
heading off for an all day epic in the local hills.
Slightly taller head tube lengths help tailor the cockpit feel to increase rider confidence, and a lengthened top tube on Large and X-Large frames should help even the tallest of riders feel at home on the new Mega.
Metric Shock Sizing
The product development team work extremely closely with our suspension partners and spent endless hours working on the perfect shock configuration for the new Mega. The perfect partnership between rear shock technology and frame kinematics has always been in the very root of our thought process when developing bikes and the new Mega with its brand new ’metric’ shock standard is no different. Designed to work perfectly with both Air and Coil sprung rear shocks, we have addressed some of the areas that we felt could be improved on over the previous design such as hardware improvements and higher spec shocks across the board.
The new Mega utilises the brand new Rockshox Super Deluxe rear shock and hardware now comprises of a wider spaced 25mmx8mm front mount, with a rocker link mounted bearing system to improve shock sensitivity and reduce the amount of wear through heavy usage. This combination adds even more stiffness to the chassis through these more secure fixtures and the ‘Metric’ rear shock system with increased bushing overlap.
All Tredz bikes are:
- Fully built & ready to ride
- Fully checked & tested by Cytech qualified mechanics
- Available with 0% APR finance (up to 48 months) on any basket over £99
- UK price match guarantee
- 365 day no hassle returns
- Free delivery in the UK Mainland on a date that suits you
In the box with every Tredz bike is:
- Free Tredz 9 key trail tool
- Free Tredz pedal spanner
- Free basic pedals
- Tredz drawstring kit bag
- 16 point quality control check sheet
- Basic bike setup instructions
- Free Cycle Plan insurance voucher (8 weeks)
|Fork:||Rockshox Yari RC 160mm|
|Rear Shock:||Rockshox Super Deluxe R|
|Stem:||Nukeproof Neutron AM 50mm|
|Bars:||Nukeproof Neutron 800mm|
|Front Brake:||Shimano Deore M6000|
|Rear Brake:||Shimano Deore M6000|
|Rear Mech:||Shimano SLX|
|Front Tyre:||Maxxis High Roller II, 29" x 2.3, 3C Maxx Terra, 3C/TR/DD|
|Rear Tyre:||Maxxis High Roller II, 29" x 2.3, 3C Maxx Terra, 3C/TR/DD|
|Seat Post:||Brand-X Ascend|
|Chainset:||Shimano SLX, 30T|
Occasionally without notice, manufacturers sometimes change product specifications.