Orbea Orca M20i Pro 2017 - Road Bike
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
New Product There's a newer version of this product now available...
Recommended alternatives We've found some more items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Road bikes See the latest products
New in Road bikes
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information There are plenty of great bikes that offer flexibility, a relaxed, neutral position and mellow handl... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
There are plenty of great bikes that offer flexibility, a relaxed, neutral position and mellow handling. Orca is not one of them – Orca is designed for the guy who has already ridden 6000kms in February and can somehow sustain 500 watts in the middle of winter. The guy whose legs look like they are chiseled directly from the local mountains, the guy you have NEVER beaten, and is always ready to make the pace. Orca is for professionals, hardmen, hardwomen and dedicated weirdos that have never even consider quitting early. Orca is for riders who spend so much time talking about watts and training that you wouldn’t dream of inviting them to your party, and they wouldn’t come anyway because it’s past their bedtime. Orca isn’t for everyone – Do you want to be fast?
- Dynamic Structure Stiffness - The large majority of torsional and lateral loads are handled by the lower spine of the frame. The headtube, downtube and chainstays are shaped to resist twisting and transmit power to the rear wheel. There is no doubt about it, large cross-sections and resistance to flex in the bottom of the frame translate directly to more watts on the road and a sensation that power transfer is instantaneous.
- Monocoque Carbon - Orca uses the most technologically advanced carbon construction to make the most sophisticated frame possible - A complex and painstaking process with results you will appreciate on the road. The premier Orca OMR frame blends Toray T700, T800 and M40J fibers. Prepreg carbon sheets are laser cut to minimize excess materials and overlap.
- Smoothness - External forces on the frame - cornering stresses or vibration from rough roads - have an effect on control and traction. The seat stays of the new Orca are thinner, the cross-sections and diameters reduced to give maximum traction and control over rough surfaces without compromising global rigidity. The natural flex patterns created by the carbon layup and minimal bulk of the top tube and seat stays deliver a dynamic, smooth ride that feels like floating over rough roads.
- Freeflow - Rotation of the spokes and today's wider rims and tires approaching from behind the fork (against the flow of wind as the wheel spins) creates a high pressure/high drag zone. Freeflow spreads the fork legs away from this area to reduce pressure and turbulence. Normal directional aerodynamics remain unchanged but the bike gets faster because the airspace inside the Freeflow fork blades is less chaotic.
- Orbea Road Racing Geometry - Orbea race geometry is born from almost 100 years of designing road racing bikes and is the perfect balance of responsiveness and stability. The position is aggressive to maximize body aerodynamics and efficiency. Handling is precise and intuitive. Angles and dimension are considered carefully across a range of sizes to put more power to the road with every pedal stroke, and more power means more speed.
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.
|Frame:||Orbea Orca carbon OMP, monocoque, tapered 1-1/8" - 1,5", PF 86mm, powermeter compatible, internal cable routing, EC/DC compatible, 130mm rear spacing, 27,2mm seat tube.|
|Fork:||Orca OMP carbon fork, full carbon steerer, tapered 1-1/8" - 1,5", carbon dropouts.|
|Headset:||FSA 1-1/8 - 1-1/2" Integrated Carbon Cup ACB Bearings|
|Bars:||FSA Energy Compact|
|Front Brake:||Shimano Ultegra 6800|
|Rear Brake:||Shimano Ultegra 6800|
|Front Mech:||Shimano Ultegra 6870 Di2|
|Rear Mech:||Shimano Ultegra 6870 Di2|
|Shifters:||Shimano Ultegra 6870 Di2|
|Rims:||Vision Team 35 Clincher|
|Front Tyre:||Vittoria Rubino Pro 700x23 120TPI G+|
|Rear Tyre:||Vittoria Rubino Pro 700x23 120TPI G+|
|Seat Post:||FSA SL-K Di2 SB20 27.2x350mm|
|Chainset:||Shimano Ultegra 6800 34x50t|
|Cassette:||Shimano Ultegra 6800 11-28t 11-Speed|