Specialized Aethos Expert 2022 - Road Bike
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Road bikes See the latest products
New in Road bikes
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information Aethos: Billions of calculations in the pursuit of one thing— the perfect ride. It's more than just ... read more
- Show Reviews & Q&As
Product DescriptionAethos: Billions of calculations in the pursuit of one thing— the perfect ride. It's more than just a motto, it's a philosophy. The Aethos has been designed to straddle the line between a perfected ride quality, extreme light weight, and undeniable style, and this Expert model is no exception.
With quick- shifting, low-maintenance Ultegra Di2 electronic shifting and hydraulic disc brakes paired with bomb-proof Roval C38 Disc carbon wheels, you have the perfect steed to get you out on the road.
- The Aethos frame has been designed with the perfect combination of ultimate ride feel, light weight, and style—from accelerating up steep pitches and descending technical descents, to all-day saddle comfort on even the longest coffee rides, the Aethos hits the mark. But how, you ask? By reinventing the traditional road shape found on bikes of the past, we’ve subtly altered these shapes to deliver massive gains in stiffness and balance, all without affecting weight or durability. Pair that with an entirely new layup and process that we’ve perfected over multiple decades and you have the lightest frame out there (585 grams, S-Works, size 56cm). The Aethos is more than just a new bike, it’s the first of a new breed.
- A featherweight frame is useless without confidence-inspiring ride characteristics, which is why we’ve developed the Aethos to have the perfect balance of front and rear stiffness combined with exceptional ride quality. By studying the flexing and breathing of carbon fiber, we were able to discover groundbreaking findings about how forces flow through frames. Just a few pedal strokes and you’ll realize this sublime ride sets a new standard.
- Every detail, from the derailleur hangers to the fork expander plug have been designed with style, weight, and durability in mind. We’ve also spec’d it with Roval’s all-new Alpinist carbon seatpost, further saving weight and improving ride characteristics. Everything in pursuit for the perfect ride.
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.
|Frame:||Aethos FACT 10R Carbon, Rider First Engineered, Threaded BB, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc|
|Fork:||FACT Carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc|
|Stem:||Specialized Pro SL, alloy, 4-bolt|
|Bars:||Specialized Expert Shallow Drop, alloy, 125mm drop x 75mm reach|
|Front Brake:||Shimano Ultegra R8170, hydraulic disc|
|Rear Brake:||Shimano Ultegra R8170, hydraulic disc|
|Front Mech:||Shimano Ultegra R8150, braze-on|
|Rear Mech:||Shimano Ultegra R8150, 12-speed|
|Shifters:||Shimano Ultegra R8170, hydraulic disc|
|Front Tyre:||S-Works Turbo, 120 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm|
|Rear Tyre:||S-Works Turbo, 120 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm|
|Seat Post:||Roval Alpinist Carbon Seatpost|
|Saddle:||Body Geometry Power Expert, titanium rails|
|Chainset:||Shimano Ultegra R8100 52/36T|
|Bottom Bracket:||Shimano Threaded BSA BB|
|Chain:||Shimano Ultegra, 12-speed|
|Cassette:||Shimano Ultegra, 12-speed, 11-30t|