Specialized Epic Expert Carbon 29er Mountain Bike 2019 - XC Full Suspension MTB
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Full Suspension MTB See the latest products
New in Full Suspension MTB
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information The Specialized Epic full suspension XC race bike has been completely redesigned with a new frame, g... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
The Specialized Epic full suspension XC race bike has been completely redesigned with a new frame, geometry and totally new Brain rear shock. The Brain can sense if you are pedalling or not, to control the damping and drastically improve pedalling efficiency. The Brain-equipped Epic was the first full-suspension bike to win a Cross Country World Championship, as has won many more! Head angle has been slackened and reach increased to improve the descending ability to cope with the ever more demanding XC race courses.
- FACT 11m carbon fibre frame
- Lightweight RockShox SID fork gives 100mm of travel to smooth out the descents
- Custom RockShox Micro Brain shock offers 100mm of intelligent rear travel
- SRAM GX Eagle 1x12 drivetrain provides reliable shifting
- XC race geometry for ultimate speed and efficient
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, Extra large
- Colours: Gloss Storm Grey/Rocket Red
- The Specialized Epic Expert Carbon 29er is available with 0% APR finance
Lightweight carbon frame? Check. Industry-leading suspension technology? Oh yeah. Race-ready build kit? You know it. The Epic Expert is not only ready to shine in races, but it's also ready to put your closest buddies in the pain cave on the weekends.
Race courses have evolved over the past few years. They're more technical, steeper, and more challenging to ride. But instead of quivering in our boots, we saw this as an opportunity to make something special—something that both World Cup athletes and XC riders alike can instantly feel the benefit from. We looked at the sum of parts that make a bike handle well, like the head angle, reach, stack, chainstay length, fork offset, etc., and reevaluated all of it. Increasing the reach made a bike that was more stable at speed and generally more comfortable to ride. Dropper posts? Yep, those fit, and not just a short-travel XC option, but full-length droppers that fit in the 30.9mm seat tube. Head angle? We slacked that out, but not without evaluating the overall handling package. It now lands on a custom offset, 42mm fork that works with the slacker head angle in order to behave itself in tight corners and through switchbacks.
Next comes Brain 2.0. The original Brain changed the way the bike world looked at suspension, both in its inefficiencies and benefits alike. And oh, was it good. It won races and put a flag in the ground for us as a true leader in innovation and suspension development, but we knew that we could make it better. Simple physics told us that, by moving the Brain closer to the rear axle, it would be in the most sensitive spot. And after countless hours with the RockShox team, the Brain became more than just a slight upgrade. It's totally reborn. Now, it reacts seamlessly to bump forces, it has much more consistent damping performance, and finally, it integrates the hoses into the suspension links. This, in turn, improves oil paths, and it creates an incredibly sleek package that outperforms anything on the market.
The Epic also has a rider Rider-First Engineered™ design that places complex carbon pieces in all the right places, and this greatly increases stiffness in the front-end for a vast improvement in ride quality and control. To go along with this, each frame size has size-specific tubes that result in the stiffest, best riding XC bike we've ever developed—no matter the frame size.
And while stiffness, Brain technology, and geometry features are cool and all, we know what you're thinking, 'What about weight?' We're glad you asked. With the goal of the new Epic to be the fastest XC mountain bike we've ever made, weight was at the top of our priorities list. We started with an efficient frame layout and tube shapes that feature clean cable routing, integrated channels through the shock extension, straight tubes with less curves, and optimized torsion profiles in every section. And, if you're curious, this weight savings is equivalent to shedding a chainstay and shock extension from the previous Epic—nearly 525 grams.
The build of the Epic Expert meshes performance with value, featuring a 12-speed SRAM GX Eagle groupset, a RockShox SID fork with bottom-adjust Brain Fade, SRAM Level TL brakes, and a hand-built Roval Control Carbon fibre wheelset. Get ready, because this is going to be Epic.
- Full fact 11m carbon fibre frame combines stiffness, strength, and light overall weight to deliver an off-the-hook race bike. Meanwhile, the new geometry, RockShox Brain shock, and 100mm of travel, make the Epic the best handling, fastest XC rig you've been on.
- The 12-speed SRAM GX Eagle groupset brings the performance of Eagle at a doable price point.
- The hand-built Roval Control Carbon wheels feature a modern 25mm internal width hookless rim, ensuring optimal traction and rolling resistance properties.
All Tredz bikes are:
- Fully built & ready to ride
- Fully checked & tested by Cytech qualified mechanics
- Available with 0% APR finance on baskets over £99
- UK price match
- 365 day no hassle returns
- Free delivery in the UK Mainland on a date that suits you
In the box with every Tredz bike is:
- Free Tredz 9 key trail tool
- Free Tredz pedal spanner
- Free basic pedals
- Tredz drawstring kit bag
- 16 point quality control check sheet
- Basic bike setup instructions
- Free Cycle Plan insurance voucher (8 weeks)
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.
|Frame:||Specialized FACT 11m, XC Geometry, Rider-First Engineered™, threaded BB, 12x148mm rear spacing, internal cable routing, 100mm of travel|
|Fork:||RockShox SID Brain 29, Solo Air, top-adjust Brain Fade, 15x110mm Maxle® Stealth thru-axle, 42mm offset, 100mm of travel|
|Rear Shock:||Custom RockShox Micro Brain shock w/ Spike Valve, AUTOSAG, 51x257mm|
|Stem:||Specialized XC, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise|
|Bars:||Specialized Alloy Minirise, 10mm rise, 750mm, 31.8mm clamp|
|Front Brake:||SRAM Level TL, hydraulic disc|
|Rear Brake:||SRAM Level TL, hydraulic disc|
|Rear Mech:||SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed|
|Shifters:||SRAM GX Eagle, trigger, 12-speed|
|Rims:||Roval Control Carbon, 25mm internal width, tubeless-ready|
|Front Hub:||Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 15x110mm spacing, 28h|
|Rear Hub:||Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm thru-axle, 28h|
|Spokes:||DT Swiss Industry|
|Front Tyre:||Fast Trak, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"|
|Rear Tyre:||Fast Trak, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.1"|
|Seat Post:||Alloy, single-bolt, 30.9mm|
|Saddle:||Body Geometry Phenom Comp, Adaptive Edge design, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm|
|Chainset:||Truvativ STYLO, DUB 32T|
|Bottom Bracket:||SRAM DUB, threaded BB|
|Chain:||SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed|
|Cassette:||SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed, 10-50t|