Specialized Epic Hardtail Expert Mountain Bike 2018 - Hardtail MTB
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Hardtail MTB See the latest products
New in Hardtail MTB
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information For XC racing prowess, the Specialized Epic Hardtail Expert is the bike for you. The lightweight FAC... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
For XC racing prowess, the Specialized Epic Hardtail Expert is the bike for you. The lightweight FACT 11m carbon hardtail frame delivers a stiff platform for efficient power transfer. To climb easily to the top of any trail, the Epic gets SRAM’s GX Eagle drivetrain with 12 gears and a massive 10-50t cassette. On the way down, control is given thanks to the RockShox Sid fork and SRAM Level disc brakes.
- Full Fact 11m carbon frame is lighter and stiffer than ever
- Rider-First Engineered™ for the same great performance in every frame size
- RockShox Sid with Brain technology to adjust its damping while you ride
- SRAM GX Eagle 1x12 speed drivetrain gives a huge range of gears
- SRAM Level TL disc brakes are lightweight and powerful
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, X Large
- Colour: Satin Charcoal/Black/Rocket Red
- The Specialized Epic Hardtail Expert is available with 0% APR finance
With all of the growth in full-suspension XC bikes, we found that hardtails were starting to become a little same old, same old. So, we thought to ourselves, "What better time than now to shake things up with a modern, revolutionary design?" Say hello to the Epic Hardtail Expert.
It's one of the lightest frames we've ever made, tipping the scales around 1175g. And to do so, we built the entire frame from our superlative FACT 11m carbon fibre, and then we took some design cues from our road bikes.
We borrowed the Rider-First Engineered™ concept that originated with the Tarmac. Now, the frame design applies specificity to every tube size and carbon layup for every frame size. This creates the optimal balance of rigidity, weight, and responsiveness, so every frame, regardless of size, performs just as we intended. We've also tweaked the geometry for more speed and stability by slacking-out the head tube, lengthening the top tube, and correcting the seat tube angle. This way, it feels more planted than ever, and frankly, it's stupid fast. We also widened the rear spacing to 12x148mm and included internal split-housing cable routing.
For the build, this Epic Hardtail successfully balances value with performance, with a custom-tuned RockShox SID fork with Brain, SRAM GX Eagle™ 12-speed shifting, and quick-to-accelerate Roval Control Carbon wheels.
By pairing a FACT 11m carbon fibre frame with our XC 29 Geometry, this Epic places a focus on revolutionary tube angles and extremely light overall weight for explosive speed and nimble handling on the race circuit. For good measure, we also gave it 148mm rear spacing and all-new triangulated post-mount brake mounts.
The Custom RockShox SID 29 w/ Brain fork provides 90/100mm of efficient travel. It features Brain technology that distinguishes between terrain and rider input in order to maximize your power, while a Brain Fade adjusts the oil flow when not hitting bumps.
SRAM's 12-speed GX Eagle groupset, with its 10-50t cassette, provides a wide gear range that lets you spin up the climbs, yet have plenty of top end for the descents. One-by setups also decrease weight and make it next to impossible to drop a chain.
All Tredz bikes are:
- Fully built & ready to ride
- Fully checked & tested by Cytech qualified mechanics
- Available with 0% APR finance (up to 48 months) on any basket over £99
- UK price match guarantee
- 365 day no hassle returns
- Free delivery in the UK Mainland on a date that suits you
In the box with every Tredz bike is:
- Free Tredz 9 key trail tool
- Free Tredz pedal spanner
- Free basic pedals
- Tredz drawstring kit bag
- 16 point quality control check sheet
- Basic bike setup instructions
- Free Cycle Plan insurance voucher (8 weeks)
|Frame:||Specialized FACT 11m, XC Geometry, internal split-housing cable routing, PF30 BB, 12x148mm rear end, triangulated post-mount 160mm brake|
|Fork:||RockShox SID Brain 29, Solo Air, 51mm offset, 15x110mm thru-axle (S: 90mm of travel, M/L/XL: 100mm of travel)|
|Stem:||Specialized XC, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise|
|Bars:||Specialized Mini-Rise, 7050 alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 10mm rise, 720mm width, 31.8mm clamp|
|Front Brake:||SRAM Level TL|
|Rear Brake:||SRAM Level TL|
|Rear Mech:||SRAM GX Eagle|
|Shifters:||SRAM GX Eagle, trigger|
|Rims:||Roval Control SL, hookless carbon, 25mm internal width, tubeless-ready, hand-built|
|Front Hub:||Roval Alloy, disc, 15x110mm spacing, torque caps, 32h|
|Rear Hub:||DT Swiss 350, Star Ratchet, 36t engagement, SRAM XD driver body, 12mm thru-axle, 148mm spacing, 28h|
|Spokes:||DT Swiss Revolution|
|Front Tyre:||Fast Trak, GRIPTON compound, 2Bliss Ready, 29 x 2.3",|
|Rear Tyre:||Fast Trak, GRIPTON compound, 2Bliss Ready, 29 x 2.1"|
|Seat Post:||Specialized, alloy, single bolt, 21mm offset, 27.2mm|
|Chainset:||Truvativ Stylo, 6K alloy, Boost™ 148, 175mm crankarm, 30mm spindle, SRAM Eagle™, alloy, 32T|
|Bottom Bracket:||SRAM PF30|
|Chain:||SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed w/ PowerLock®|
|Cassette:||SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed, 10-50t|
Occasionally without notice, manufacturers sometimes change product specifications.