Specialized Rockhopper Mountain Bike 2011 - Hardtail Race MTB
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Hardtail race MTB See the latest products
New in Hardtail race MTB
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- Show Description Features:Fully butted, smooth-welded M4SL alloy superlight frame with integrated head tube and asymm... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
- Fully butted, smooth-welded M4SL alloy superlight frame with integrated head tube and asymmetrical seatstays for a quick, responsive, and compliant ride
- Custom-tuned SR Suntour suspension fork with hydraulic damping, lockout with lightweight magnesium lowers, and alloy steerer delivers the supple ride qualities of a high-end fork
- Shimano dual-piston hydraulic disc brakes assure solid, worry-free braking performance under any conditions
- Shimano Deore Shadow 9-speed rear derailleur and shifters for top-of-the-line shifting performance and improved clearance
- Shimano crankset with forged alloy arms and Octalink-splined BB interface means greater durability and better shifting performance
- Light and durable double-walled alloy rims are tough enough to handle the rough stuff
- Specialized Captain Sport tyres lend a perfect knob pattern for diverse conditions
The Specialized Rockhopper 2011 Features are:
Frame: Specialized M4SL fully manipulated alloy frame, fully butted, integrated HT, forged dropouts w/ replaceable derailleur hanger, disc only
Fork: SR Suntour SF11-XCR-DS-26-LO-SP, 80mm, 1pc. alloy lower, 30mm steel stanchions, hyd. damping w/ mic-tuned spike valve & LO
Headset: Integrated 1-1/8 inch threadless, Campy type full cartridge bearings
Stem: 3D forged alloy, 7 degree rise, 31.8mm clamp
Front Mech: Shimano Alivio, 34.9mm clamp, top swing, dual pull
Rear Mech: Shimano Deore 9sp Shadow Long cage
Chainset: Shimano FC-M430-8, Octalink spline, 44A x 32S x 22S replaceable
Bottom Bracket: Shimano BB-ES25, Octalink spline, cartridge bearing, 68mm x 118mm
Cassette: Shimano HG50, 9-speed, 11-34t
Chain: KMC X9 w/ reusable Missing Link
Front Brake: Shimano BR-M505 hydraulic disc brake, dual piston, 160mm rotor
Rear Brake: Shimano BR-M505 hydraulic disc brake, dual piston, 160mm rotor
Rims: Alex RHD 26, alloy double wall, pinned w/eyelets
Front Hub: oy, hi/low flange, double sealed, ground race, machined disc mount and flange, QR, 28h
Rear Hub: Forged alloy, mid flange, double sealed, ground race, machined disc mount and flanges, cassette, QR, 32h
Tyres: Specialized The Captain Sport, 26x2.0, 60TPI, wire bead Front Specialized The Captain Sport, 26x2.0, 60TPI, wire bead Rear
Seatpost: Alloy two bolt, 12.5mm offset, micro adjust, 30.9mm
What is a Hard Tail Mountain Bike?
Thick, knobbly tyres and lots of gears are the overriding features of these machines. Strong frames are built to take the rough with the smooth and can often be accompanied by a front suspension fork for added comfort and control. Theyre designed mainly for off road use but these solid, comfortable bikes often meet more general needs. For further information on mountain bikes see our Mountain Bike Buying Guide.