Specialized Ruby Expert Womens 2017 - Road Bike
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
New Product There's a newer version of this product now available...
Recommended alternatives We've found some more items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Road bikes See the latest products
New in Road bikes
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- Show Description The Specialized Ruby Expert is a women’s specific endurance road bike that offers a fast and efficie... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
The Specialized Ruby Expert is a women’s specific endurance road bike that offers a fast and efficient ride on every road. With predictable handling and unparalleled compliance this is a bike that is ideal for sportives as well as any cycling over less than perfect road surfaces.
Smoother is faster. The new Specialized Ruby features revolutionary compliance technology developed in partnership with McLaren. The Future Shock is a piston in the head tube that offers 20mm of suspension travel to reduce fatigue over rough terrain and allowing you to ride faster. Positioned above the head tube, the Future Shock offers vertical compliance while the wheels are still rigidly held together by the frame. This means that, unlike traditional suspension systems or forks that offer fore/aft deflection, the wheelbase remains constant, so you get extremely predictable handling combined with a smooth ride. In addition to this the seatpost offers 20mm of rearward arc compliance for comfort in the saddle that maintains frame stiffness and geometry.
The Fact 10r carbon fibre composite frame is the lightest that Specialized have ever made and is combined with the Ruby disc fork, built from top of the line FACT 11r carbon, with a 12mm thru-axle, for supreme stiffness. Endurance geometry offers a slightly more upright riding position that is ideal for long rides over challenging terrain while Ride-First Engineering ensures that you get the same great ride experience in every frame size. You also get a removable SWAT storage box that allows you to store your ride essentials low down on the frame.
The full Shimano Ultegra 2x11 speed drivetrain offers slick shifting. With a wide range cassette and compact chainset to give you all the gears you need for taking on varied terrain. The Shimano BR-805 hydraulic disc brakes offer unparalleled stopping power so you can ride with confidence in all weather conditions. DT R460 Pro disc wheels are tough yet lightweight.
Cycle further and faster with less fatigue and more confidence on the Specialized Ruby Expert.
- Lightweight FACT 10r carbon frame is lightweight, stiff and strong
- FACT 11r carbon fork is stiff, strong and reactive
- Future Shock offers 20mm of vertical compliance for a smoother ride
- Shimano Ultegra 2x11 speed for reliable shifting over a wide gear range
- Shimano 805 hydraulic disc brakes for powerful all-weather stopping control
- DT Swiss R460 Pro disc wheels for tough yet lightweight rolling
- Sizes: 44cm, 48cm, 51cm, 54cm, 56cm, 58cm
- Colour: Satin Cool Grey/Flake Silver
- The Specialized Ruby Expert is available with 0% APR finance
The Specialized Ruby Expert Womens 2017 Features are:
Frame: FACT 10r carbon, Women|s Endurance Geometry, 12x142mm thru-axle, Future Shock suspension, 20mm of travel
Fork: Ruby disc, FACT 11r carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle
Bars: Specialized Hover Expert Alloy, 15mm rise, 125mm drop, 75mm reach
Stem: Specialized Pro SL, alloy, 4-bolt
Front Mech: Shimano Ultegra, braze-on
Rear Mech: Shimano Ultegra, long cage, 11-speed
Shifters Shimano ST-RS685, 11-speed
Chainset: Shimano Ultegra Compact 50/34T
Bottom Bracket: Threaded SRAM GXP
Cassette: Shimano Ultegra, 11-speed, 11-32t
Chain: Shimano Ultegra, 11-speed
Front Brake: Shimano 805 Flat-Mount HYD, resin pads w/fins
Rear Brake: Shimano 805 Flat-Mount HYD, resin pads w/fins
Front Hub: DT R460 Disc Pro, thru-axle, 2Bliss Ready
Rear Hub: DT R460 Disc Pro, thru-axle, 2Bliss Ready
Tyres: Turbo Pro, 700x26mm, 60TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection Front, Turbo Pro, 700x26mm, 60TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection Rear
Seatpost: Specialized CG-R, FACT carbon, single bolt, 27.2mm