Specialized Venge Pro 2020 - Road Bike
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Road bikes See the latest products
New in Road bikes
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information The all new Venge is better than ever. In the seven years since Specialized first introduced the Ven... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (1)
Product DescriptionThe all new Venge is better than ever. In the seven years since Specialized first introduced the Venge, they have proven that aero is, indeed, everything. The Venge took the burgeoning concept of aerodynamics and transformed it into an ideology, one that empirically proves that aerodynamic optimization is the most important thing we can do to make you faster. And now, there’s a new shape of speed. Meet the all-new Venge.
- Lightweight FACT 11r carbon frame with Rider-First Engineered™ and Win Tunnel Engineered tech
- S-Works 11r carbon fork with bolt-thru axle gives precise steering
- Shimano Ultegra Di2 2x11 speed drivetrain for ultimate shifting
- Shimano Ultegra disc brakes are powerful, lightweight, and give superb control in all weather
- Roval CL50 Disc carbon wheels with aero rim profiles
- S-Works turbo tyres come in 26c size and deliver plenty of speed and grip
- Sizes: 49cm, 52cm, 54cm, 56cm, 58cm, 61cm
- Colours: Satin Black/Holographic Black
- The Specialized Venge Pro is available with 0% APR finance
Our “Aero is Everything” concept began over seven years ago with the original Venge. It was never a hollow philosophy—we knew it was a way to make pros, amateur racers, and everyone in between faster. Fast-forward to the present, and this ideology is epitomized in the new Venge Pro. And good news, it's holding its throne as the fastest road bike on the planet. Not only is it eight seconds faster than the ViAS, but we kept all of the Rider-First Engineered™ traits you know and love, while also cutting 460 grams from the module weight.
Surprisingly, our quest for the perfect tube shapes didn’t start in the Win Tunnel. It started with a new piece of technology, the FreeFoil Shape Library. Our engineers wrote an optimization algorithm and utilized a supercomputer (yes, we used an actual supercomputer) to help create new airfoil shapes with different weights, surface areas, and structural targets. Armed with this library of shapes, all with different aspect ratios, we could plug them into the different parts of the bike and test a variety of configurations to determine the fastest setup in the Win Tunnel.
Compared to the fastest aero road bike to date (the Venge ViAS), and many others in the space that we won't name here, the new Venge is eight seconds faster over 40km at zero degrees of yaw. It's also faster out on the road in all wind conditions—not just in the tunnel.
And while it's cool that the new Venge is more aero, there are other factors to fast. Striking the perfect combination of weight and aerodynamics plays a crucial role in a bike’s overall performance. A bike that’s strictly aero will feel great on the flats, but it'll suffer on the climbs and in quick accelerations. A bike that’s strictly lightweight, however, will suffer on everything but the steepest climbs. So, not only did we make the Venge more aero than the ViAS, but we also took 460 grams out of the module weight. This means we saved 240g in the frame, 25g in the fork, 107g in the cockpit, 25g in the seatpost, and 63g in small parts. So no matter the course, the Venge will prove to be the fastest option when you need to go up, down, and all around.
Much of this weight savings comes from our Rider-First Engineered™ tubes. We implemented much of the discovery from the new Tarmac's development, like different layup schedules and materials, and this culminated in a Venge that’s not only lighter, but one that also has a higher stiffness-to-weight ratio and 40% more compliance than the ViAS—no matter the frame size. And while you can't always see these changes, all it takes is one ride to feel the quick accelerations and the bump-eating compliance.
Of course, we didn't stop there. The geometry got an update, and now, it's based on over 40,000 Retül data points, as well as professional rider input. This enabled us to implement a Performance Road Geometry that perfectly combines a responsive front-end with a short wheelbase, and this delivers instantaneous response and optimal power transfer.
Last, but certainly not least, the Venge houses some exciting new features. The new cockpit, developed in partnership with our World Tour teams, features a stem with a higher stiffness than anything we’ve ever tested, new bars that are faster, lighter, stiffer, and feature a textured pattern on the tops for extra grip and control. Next up is tyre clearance—it has no problem clearing 32mm-wide tyres. And, finally, we’ve put our Shimano A-Junction in the seatpost, making it easy to charge, check battery levels, and for team mechanics to make adjustments.
The spec on the Venge Pro is the perfect blend of performance and value. It features Shimano Ultegra Di2 and hydraulic disc brakes, a carbon fibre Roval CL 50 Disc wheelset, and our rainbow-stripe-winning S-Works Turbo tyres.
- The Rider-First Engineered™, FACT 11r frame not only makes the Venge the most aerodynamic road bike we’ve ever created, but it's also lightweight and stiff in all the right places. Every tube shape, trailing edge, and design cue was influenced by hours of testing in our Win Tunnel, CFD, 3D-printed prototypes, and real-world rider feedback. Ultimately, this resulted in the fastest road bike we’ve ever made.
- Shimano's new Ultegra Di2 with hydraulic disc brakes not only offers exceptionally smooth and crisp shifts, but it also provides incredible stopping power and modulation.
The Roval CL 50 disc wheelset is light, strong, and aerodynamic. You'll find the same rims found on its CLX cousin, with the main differences coming at the bearings—hardly discernable to mere mortal riders.
All Tredz bikes are:
- Fully built & ready to ride
- Fully checked & tested by Cytech qualified mechanics
- Available with 0% APR finance on baskets over £99
- 365 day no hassle returns
- Free delivery in the UK Mainland on a date that suits you
In the box with every Tredz bike is:
- Free Tredz 9 key trail tool
- Free Tredz pedal spanner
- Free basic pedals
- Tredz drawstring kit bag
- 16 point quality control check sheet
- Basic bike setup instructions
- Free Cycle Plan insurance voucher (8 weeks)
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.
|Frame:||FACT 11r carbon, Rider-First Engineered™, Win Tunnel Engineered, internal electric only cable routing, OSBB, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc|
|Fork:||S-Works FACT 11r carbon, 100x12mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc|
|Stem:||2019 Venge integrated stem, 6-degree|
|Bars:||S-Works Aerofly II, 80mm reach x 130mm drop|
|Front Brake:||Shimano Ultegra R8070, hydraulic disc|
|Rear Brake:||Shimano Ultegra R8070, hydraulic disc|
|Brake Lever:||Shimano Ultegra|
|Front Mech:||Shimano Ultegra Di2 R8050, braze-on|
|Rear Mech:||Shimano Ultegra Di2 R8050, GS medium cage|
|Shifters:||Shimano Ultegra Di2 Disc R8070|
|Rims:||Roval CL50 Disc, carbon, tubeless-ready, Win Tunnel Engineered, 50mm depth|
|Front Hub:||Roval CL50 Disc, carbon, tubeless-ready, Win Tunnel Engineered, 50mm depth, 21h|
|Rear Hub:||Roval CL50 Disc, carbon, tubeless-ready, Win Tunnel Engineered, 50mm depth, DT Swiss 350 internals, 24h|
|Front Tyre:||S-Works Turbo, 120 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm|
|Rear Tyre:||S-Works Turbo, 120 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm|
|Seat Post:||2019 S-Works Venge aero seatpost, FACT carbon, Di2-compatible|
|Saddle:||Power Expert, 143mm, nylon base, synthetic leather, hollow titanium rails|
|Chainset:||Shimano Ultegra R8000, HollowTech 2, 11-speed|
|Bottom Bracket:||Praxis, BB30 for Shimano|
|Chain:||Shimano Ultegra, 11-speed|
|Cassette:||Shimano Ultegra R8000, 11-speed, 11-30t|
|Pedals:||Nylon, 105x78x28mm, loose ball w/ reflectors|
Specialized Venge Pro 2020 - Road Bike Reviews
Customer Reviews (1)
This is by far the fastest bike I’ve ever ridden. It’s stiff out the saddle but also compliant/not jarring over rough tarmac. I really like the saddle - very comfortable and discs offer more confidence when braking after about the first 10 miles they bedded in nicely. Very nice bike and looks the part too. 👍
This is by far the fastest bike I’ve ever ridden. It’s stiff out the saddle but also compliant/not jarring over rough tarmac. I really like the saddle - very comfortable and discs offer more confidence when braking after about the first 10 miles they bedded in nicely. Very nice bike and looks the part too. 👍Close review