Speedplay Syzr Stainless Clipless Pedal
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Clipless- Road pedals See the latest products
New in Clipless- Road pedals
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- Show Description Speedplay's new Syzr is the culmination of a multi-year R&D effort to develop the ultimate, made-to-... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
We started by making Syzr Pedal Systems transfer power more efficiently. Rider power is delivered to the Syzr pedal directly through the cleat, not through the flexible rubber lugs of the shoe sole. This improved design for transferring power ensures that no rider energy is lost during transmission. We also improved the precision of the pedal/cleat connection to eliminate the slop and lateral instability common to off-road pedals.
Another first for off-road pedals is the Syzr's patented, micro-adjustable float technology. By designing a pivot mechanism directly into the cleat, the Syzr is the only off-road pedal system to give a user-customizable, 10-degree range of float. Cleat set-up is easier too since there is no need to reposition the cleat to make angular adjustments.
To make Syzr pedals easier to engage, Syzr cleats feature proprietary Funnel Guides that steer the cleat into the pedal's latch mechanism. Two wing-shaped Funnel Guides at the front of each cleat effectively increase the size of the target area to facilitate easier engagement. Additionally, engagement security has been optimized by reversing the typical orientation of the pedal's latch mechanism. The Syzr's new latch design virtually prevents inadvertent release when pulling hard on the pedals.
Special ceramic roller-cam contacts were developed for Syzr cleats to ensure consistent release in wet or muddy conditions. Instead of the usual metal-to-metal connection that allows other pedals to seize during release, Syzr cleats feature ceramic roller-cams that do not seize when wet because they roll. In addition to improving consistency of release, the ceramic roller-cams provide exceptional, long-term durability.
Syzr pedals use precision needle and cartridge bearings and feature a convenient built-in grease-port for easy routine maintenance. Syzr cleats are compatible with all recessed 2-hole shoe mounts, and unlike some systems, Syzr pedals will not cause damage to your shoes. Syzr pedals are available in a choice of stainless steel or titanium spindles and will offer a wide range of custom-fit options. As with all Speedplay Pedal Systems, local manufacturing is a priority, so many of the Syzr's components are produced in the US and then hand-assembled at Speedplay in San Diego, California.
- Unique, pivoting cleat gives friction-free, knee-friendly float
- Micro-adjustable, 10-degree float range makes cleat set-up easy
- Direct-through-the-cleat power transfer means no energy loss from compression and no degradation in function from shoe sole wear
- Proprietary Ceramic Roller-Cam Release Technology ensures consistent disengagement in all conditions
- Easier entry with patented cleat Funnel Guides