Surly ECR 29 Plus Mountain Bike 2018 - Hardtail MTB
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Hardtail MTB See the latest products
New in Hardtail MTB
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information The Surly ECR Plus is an adventure bike built for fun. The 29er+ wheels have large 3.0” tyres to add... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
The Surly ECR Plus is an adventure bike built for fun. The 29er+ wheels have large 3.0” tyres to add both cushioning and traction, allowing you to travel on harsh terrain without worry. The Cromoly steel frame is strong and able to take on years of riding, and features a huge amount of mounting points to add all your essential gear for trekking into the mountains. The Shimano SLX/Deore drivetrain is reliable and built to last.
- 4130 CroMoly steel frame is robust and comfortable
- TIG-welded tapered & butted 4130 CroMoly fork is strong
- Shimano SLX/Deore 2x10 speed drivetrain is smooth shifting
- Surly Knard 3.0” tyres offer fantastic cushion and traction
- Sizes: X Small, Small, Medium
- Colours: Beige Pantsuit
- The Surly ECR 29 Plus is available with 0% APR finance
Sometimes the only way to break the humdrum of life is with a bike ride off the beaten path. Sometimes just for a quick overnighter, sometimes a month and half fully-loaded through nine countries. The ECR is our answer to those sometimes.
Those familiar with this steel mule know it’s designed around plus tires, previously of the 29” variety. A fully loaded 29+ bike is an excellent way to explore and get away for a while… if you’re of a certain stature that is. For smaller riders, it poses several challenges though. And no one wants new problems when they’re in the woods trying to escape old ones. To solve this, we redesigned the smaller sizes of the ECR to work with 27.5+ while the larger sizes are still equipped with 29+. All you medium specimens out there get your pick of the litter as we’re offering that size in both options. So way to just be average I guess.
Other updates to the ECR include and are limited to: Gnot-Boost rear spacing with our updated Troll dropout and a killer new beige paint job. It retains the abundant accessory mounts that we all know and love like Surly Trip Guide for brakes and derailleurs, fender, rack, and Bill/Ted eyelets, and a Rohloff torque arm slot. The 27.5+ sizes also feature two sets of Three-Pack bosses while the 29+ sizes have two water bottle mounts and one set of Three-Pack bosses. You’ve got a lot of options to bring all your “necessities” with you and still have room for excess baggage if you’ve got it. And sweet ground scores when you find them.
Get loaded and go with the ECR!
All Tredz bikes are:
- Fully built & ready to ride
- Fully checked & tested by Cytech qualified mechanics
- Available with 0% APR finance on baskets over £99
- UK price match guarantee
- 365 day no hassle returns
- Free delivery in the UK Mainland on a date that suits you
In the box with every Tredz bike is:
- Free Tredz 9 key trail tool
- Free Tredz pedal spanner
- Free basic pedals
- Tredz drawstring kit bag
- 16 point quality control check sheet
- Basic bike setup instructions
- Free Cycle Plan insurance voucher (8 weeks)
Note: Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.
|Frame:||Surly 4130 CroMoly steel|
|Headset:||Cane Creek, 40 series|
|Stem:||HL Satori, 31.8, Black|
|Bars:||Surly Moloko, Black|
|Front Brake:||Avid FR-5|
|Rear Brake:||Avid FR-5|
|Brake Lever:||Avid BB7|
|Front Mech:||Shimano SLX|
|Rear Mech:||Shimano Deore|
|Front Hub:||Surly Ultra New Disc Hub|
|Rear Hub:||Salsa 148mm, 12mm Thru|
|Front Tyre:||Surly Knard 29x3.0", 33TPI|
|Rear Tyre:||Surly Knard 29x3.0", 33TPI|
|Seat Post:||Kalloy SP-342|
|Chainset:||Surly O.D. 26/39t|
|Bottom Bracket:||Surly Enduro, black|
|Chain:||KMC X10, Silver|
|Cassette:||SunRace, 10 speed, 11-40t|