Surly Krampus 29+ Frameset 2015
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in MTB Frame See the latest products
New in MTB Frame
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information Yet Another so called platform? Yikes. But Wait! There's a reason: 29+ equals fun. Surly's new Kramp... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
Product DescriptionYet Another so called platform? Yikes. But Wait! There's a reason: 29+ equals fun. Surly's new Krampus frame is built specifically for 29x3" tyres on 50mm rims. 29+ offers fast rolling inertia with traction to spare, and even some float on loose terrain. 29+ isn't just a big wheeled version of a fat bike, it's the logical progression of 29". Rip trails or ride where there are no trails. Do it all with a shit-eating grin. Now more than ever, is the best time to be Surly
"The Krampus is a mountain bike..... with more traction, a smoother ride, and better geometry for high speed. The benefit over a fat bike is that this bike uses normal stuff and it doesn't HAVE to be built like anything special. The bike is nimble like a regular 29er, but confidence inspiring like a fatbike."
- Tubing Surly 4130 CroMoly steel. Main Triangle TIG-welded, custom butted. Sweet CS Yoke.
- Rear dropouts Horizontal slotted w/derailleur hanger, 135mm O.L.D.
- Brake compatibility 51mm IS disc mounts frame and fork
- Max Disc Brake Rotor Size 203mm
- Braze-ons Dual water bottle mounts, Surly Trip Guide full line guides for brake and derailleurs, fender and rack eyelets
- Seatpost diameter 27.2mm
- Seatpost clamp 30.0mm (Surly stainless included)
- Headset/Steertube 44mm ID. Recommend EC44 lower cups. Zero Stack on top is o.k.
- Front derailleur compatibility High direct mount standard, clamp adapter included
- Bottom bracket shell 73mm shell width, threaded standard English (1.37" x 24t)
- Chainring clearance Triple 22/34/44t, Double 26/39t, Max single ring clearance, Middle position, 34T. Outer position 44T. (Triple will not work with Surly 50mm rim and 29 x 3" tire)
- Tire clearance 29 x 3"
Fork spec :
- TIG-welded custom butted 4130 CroMoly, 120mm suspension corrected, 1-1/8" steerer tube, 203mm disc brake clearance