Surly Krampus Ops 29+ Frameset 2015
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in MTB Frame See the latest products
New in MTB Frame
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- Show Description There is no need to for us to immerse you once again in the bath that is the Krampus, or 29+ for tha... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
The Krampus Ops features our Modular Dropout System (MDS), allowing you to change up your drivetrain according to needs. Frames ship with MDS dropouts in 10mm track end singlespeed, standard vertical with derailleur hanger and a 142 x 12mm thru-axle versions. So, you may do what you will. Again, with all these options how will you ever get out of your house? You'll manage.
Krampus hub spacing is standard 100mm front and 135mm rear. It's got clearance for disc rotors up to 185mm and is designed to run a high direct mount standard front derailleur. For best chain/tire clearance, we recommend either a Surly O.D. 2x crank (which comes on the complete)(oh the options) or a 1x system. Other brands 2x cranks will work but may cause some chain-on-tire rub in the easiest gear combo.
Enough options for you? Probably not, but we're not machines. Now go get on and get off.
Frame Highlights :
- Tubing: Surly 4130 CroMoly steel. Main Triangle TIG-welded, custom butted. Sweet CS Yoke.
- Rear Dropouts: Our Modular Dropout System gives you the option of 142 x 12 thru axle (Shimano Direct Mount derailleur hanger [axle included]), 9mm QR geared, or singlespeed.
- Brake Compatibility: 51mm IS disc mounts frame and fork
- Braze-ons/extras: Dual water bottle mounts, Surly Trip Guide full line guides for brake and derailleurs, fender and rack eyelets
- Seatpost diameter: 27.2mm
- Seatpost clamp diameter: 30.0mm
- Headset/Steertube: 44mm ID. Recommend EC44 lower cups. Zero Stack on top is o.k.
- Front Derailleur Clamp Diameter: High direct mount standard, clamp adapter included
- Bottom bracket shell: 73mm shell width, threaded standard English (1.37" x 24t)
- Chainring Clearance: Triple 22/34/44t, Double 26/39t, Max single ring clearance, Middle position, 34t. Outer position 44t. (Triple will not work with Surly 50mm rim and 29 x 3" tire, for doubles, run a Surly O.D. Crankset for best tire clearance.)
- Tire Clearance: 29 x 3"
Fork spec :
- TIG-welded custom tapered butted 4130 CroMoly, 100-120mm suspension corrected, 1-1/8" steerer tube, 203mm disc brake clearance