Surly Straggler 650b Frameset 2015
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Road Frame See the latest products
New in Road Frame
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information We think by now, most of you get what Straggler is. It's a Cross Check with disc brakes instead of r... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
Product DescriptionWe think by now, most of you get what Straggler is. It's a Cross Check with disc brakes instead of rim brakes. We also think you get why that's good. The Cross Check is a madly versatile bike that can be used for most types of riding and riding surfaces. It can be set up as a hauler or a mauler and so can Straggler. Better still is that you now have the option of 650b wheel size. 650b wheels were popular for a long time many years ago on 'Constructeur' style bicycles and we all know how real shit was back in the day.... 650b wheels strike a nice balance between the benefits of both 26" and 700c sizes. The smaller wheel allows smaller riders to fit well on smaller frames, produces a stronger wheel, makes fitting big ass tires easier and are more agile than their larger counterparts.
Straggler has disc caliper mounts instead of rim brake studs. It'll accept rotors up to 160mm. The rear dropouts are unique, too. They're a partially closed horizontal design that accommodates singlespeed or geared drivetrains. They feature stop screws that thread in from the rear to further secure the wheel and to position the rear wheel for optimal shifting, plus a forward-mounted stop screw on the drive side to keep the wheel from slipping forward under the force of your gargantuan legs. The rear dropouts are spaced 135mm instead of 132.5mm like the Cross-Check simply because there are far more options for disc hubs in this spacing.
Straggler shares all of the Cross-Check's braze-ons for fenders, racks and bottle cages. The Straggler's geometry is slightly different, with angles and tube lengths very close but not identical to the Cross-Check, but like the Cross-Check it's ready to take you just about anywhere. It's a day tripper and a weekender. It's a 'rough road' road bike. It's a cyclocross bike with no pretense about racing. It's a utilitarian townie. It's a light-duty touring bike. It's an all-weather commuter. And when you get tired of one set up, you can swap parts around and turn it into something else.
Frameset Specification :
- Tubing: 100% Surly proprietary 4130 CroMoly tubing. ED Coated. TIG-welded. Double-butted main triangle
- Rear Dropouts: Forward-exiting horizontal dropouts with adjusters give you singlespeed compatibility and wheelbase adjustability to help you fit the tires and fenders you want to run with that drivetrain you want to run. 135mm spacing
- Brake Compatibility: Disc Only. Max 160 mm Rotor Size
- Braze-ons/extras: Fender eyelets at the dropouts, front and rear rack bosses and dual water bottle mounts. Oh yeah, it sports downtube shifter mounts
- Seatpost diameter: 27.2mm
- Seatpost clamp diameter: 30.0mm (we include our Surly stainless clamp with our framesets)
- Headset/Steertube: 1-1/8? threadless
- Front Derailleur Clamp Diameter: 28.6 mm
- Bottom bracket shell: 68mm wide, standard English threaded 1.37 x 24t
- Chainring Clearance: Manipulated so you can fit pretty much whatever size rings you want. Go nuts
- Tire Clearance: Our Fatties Fit Fine (FFF) stays and our beautiful slope-crowned custom fork give room for tires up to 650b x 42mm! With fenders!
Fork Specification :
- 4130 CroMoly, disc only, lugged and brazed. Sloping crown with threaded eylets, tapered and butted curved blades with mid-blade rack eyelets, dual dropout eyelets
- 54cm = 4.74 lb (2.27kg) Fork--uncut = 2.3 lb (1050g
- Glitter Dreams or Closet Black