Tacx Vortex Smart Trainer T2180
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Turbo Trainers See the latest products
New in Turbo Trainers
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information The Tacx Vortex Smart turbo trainer is ideal for enthusiastic cyclists looking to improve their perf... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
The Tacx Vortex Smart turbo trainer is ideal for enthusiastic cyclists looking to improve their performance and fitness whatever the weather. You can use the Tacx Vortex Smart to prepare for big tours or races, or simply to build your fitness.
Instead of using a handlebar mount, you connect the trainer using the Tacx Cycling App (both iOS and Android compatible) which communicates wirelessly through ANT+ and Bluetooth.
You can ride classic races or famous Tour de France stages with the Cycle App. Create your own training programmes according to heart rate, slope or power output.
When the Tacx Vortex Smart is not connected to your smartphone, tablet or PC (with Upgrade Smart) the turbo acts like a fluid trainer with progressive resistance. The faster you ride, the more resistance you’ll face.
Review | 4.5 out of 5
“Tacx's Vortex Smart combines portable practicality and intelligent software interaction at a great price.” Triathlon Plus
- Software Tacx apps & Third party apps. PC software via upgrade.
- Operation: Automatic
- Resistance unit: Electronic
- Realistic slope 7%
- Max brake power (10 sec.) 950 Watt
- Sprint power (1 min.) 750 Watt
- Mass inertia 11,81 kg
- Supplied with QR skewer, adaptors available for thru-axle bikes sold separately
The Vortex is an interactive Smart trainer with an electro brake. This resistance unit is suitable for an average training level and can reach a maximum resistance of 950 Watt. Instead of using a handlebar computer you train by connecting the Vortex quickly and easily to the Tacx apps or third party software. Of the many possible training options, you can choose the software that best matches you and your way of training.
The Vortex communicates wirelessly via ANT+ and Bluetooth® Smart for convenient training sessions using your smartphone or tablet. Performance data can be viewed on several devices simultaneously, including your smartphone, bike computer and sports watch.
When the Vortex Smart isn’t connected to a smartphone, tablet or computer, it behaves as a fluid trainer. This means the trainer behaves progressively: when your speed increases, the resistance increases as well. So it is possible to use this trainer in a “stand-alone” status.
True cycling feeling
The electro brake of the Vortex generates a realistic cycling feeling while offering all interactive functionalities.
- 950W power
- 7% max slope
Smart & fully connected
This trainer is connected wirelessly to smartphones and tablets and knows the ANT+ FE-C protocol, enabling you to train with Tacx apps as well as third-party apps like Zwift and TrainerRoad. You can also train stand-alone; if you do not connect the trainer, it will simulate a flat road.
Iconic shape. Optimized for stability.
- 675x650mm footprint
Multifunctional front wheel support
The Skyliner is a front wheel support that raises the front wheel for a natural cycling position and increased stability. It also serves as a handle to carry the trainer.
Click ‘n ride
The bike is fixed in the trainer easily by two simple clicks.
Unique dual material roller
The roll that places the resistance on your rear wheel is made from two materials: a hardened steel sleeve with a soft core of elastogel. The steel sleeve prevents wear of the trainer, while the elastogel aborbs vibrations to reduce noise.
Tacx Smart trainers use the Bluetooth Smart and ANT+ FE-C protocol for communication which allows them to be controlled by third-party software. The software receives the speed, cadence and power from the trainer and controls the brake. Click on more information for an explanation of the compatibility and functions of each software package.
- CycleOps Virtual Training
- Velo Reality
With the Tacx Utility app you can always benefit from the latest firmware for the Tacx trainer and check the connection with other devices. When an update is available, you receive a notification and you can decide whether you want to update your trainer.
- Type of trainer: Interactive Smart trainer with electric brake
- Magnets: 8 Permanent ferrite magnets & 8 electromagnets
- Transmission: Roller, 30 mm
- Electrical requirements: 110-240 Volt
- Power indicator: None
- Connection indicator (ANT/BT): None
- Firmware upgradable: Yes
- Suitable bikes: Race, Tri & MTB, if necessary with axle skewer, 29" wheel with Tacx trainer tyre
- Supplied with: Front wheel support, Quick release for road bikes and mountain bikes (5mm)
- Max. power (40 km/h): 950 Watt
- Max. slope: 7%
- Simulation of descent: No
- Max. torque: 16.3Nm
- Max. brake force: 48N
- Flywheel: Actual of 1,6kg
- Flywheel effect: 11.8kg
- Calibration: Spin down
- Footprint (lxw): 675×650mm (26.6×25.6in)
- Height: 410mm (16.1in)
- Dimensions when folded: 565×410×245mm (22.2×16.1×9.65in)
- Weight: 9.08kg (20lbs)
- Article number: T2180
Data Output & Control
- Wireless communication: ANT+ FE-C, Bluetooth Smart open
- Control by: Smartphone, tablet, ANT+ FE-C bike computers and stand-alone Connect to computer via ANT+ antenna
- Output: Speed, cadence and power
- Read out on: Smartphone, tablet, bike computer, sports watch, computer with ANT+ antenna
- Accuracy: <10%
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.