Thomson Oversize Rail Clamp
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Saddle Accessories See the latest products
New in Saddle Accessories
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information Saddles with carbon rails tend to be oval and larger, 7 x 9 mm and 7 x 10 mm being the common over-s... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
Product DescriptionSaddles with carbon rails tend to be oval and larger, 7 x 9 mm and 7 x 10 mm being the common over-sized rail dimension. There are also Downhill and BMX saddles with round metal rails at 8 and 9 mm.
So, if you have rails larger than 7 mm do you need this new clampset? Maybe, maybe not. Thomsons standard rail clamps can accommodate rails up to 7 x 10mm, but riders using their setback post with over-sized rails may have issues getting the saddle nose down. If this is you, the over-sized rail clampset will give you about 5 to 8 more degrees of nose down adjustment. The over-sized rail clampset is also more cosmetically appealing than the standard clamps on over-sized rails.
Either clampset is okay for use on carbon saddle rails. The over-sized rail clampset is compatible with any vintage Elite or Masterpiece seatpost.
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.