Organic Mango moist and chewy energy bar utilising multiple-transportable carbohydrates/Organic Certification UK5.
Each TORQ bar contains 30 grams of carbohydrate and represents 1 TORQ Unit, which provides you with the same carbohydrate dose as a TORQ gel or 500ml of TORQ energy drink. This concept has enabled us to launch the new TORQ Fuelling System, which makes fuelling for endurance sport extremely easy to understand.
- Soil Association Organic Certification
- Made with Fairly Traded mango
- Multiple-transportable carbohydrates (with Maltodextrin:Fructose)
- Organic (Soil Association) certified
- No colours, artificial flavours or preservatives
TORQ bar has been painstakingly formulated to produce a food that is ultra high in carbohydrate, very low in fat and with ingredients wide-ranging in glycaemic index for immediate and sustained glucose release. Just as important, this bar has been designed to taste great with a cup of tea too! All too often energy bars are dry and difficult to eat - and those that aren't contain far too much fat. TORQ bars are delicious, moist and chewy, containing just over 2grams of fat per 100 (a little over a gram per bar) and packed with usable carbohydrate. This makes it the perfect food and fuel choice before, during and after exercise.
TORQ bar was developed to satisfy the needs of athletes and physically active people. Many energy bars on the market cater for some of these needs, but we don't believe they have addressed them all. Here is what athletes and physically active people need:
- Carbohydrate: They 'need' carbohydrate full stop. They 'need' it whilst they exercise to spare their limited glycogen reserves and at rest, to top their valuable stores back up again. TORQ bar contains over 70 grams of carbohydrate per 100g (in excess of 45 grams per bar) and TORQ bar's unique blend of Maltodextrin and Fructose Syrup maximises 'available' carbohydrate*.
- Glycaemic Index: They 'need' a food with ingredients wide-ranging in glycaemic index for immediate and sustained release of glucose into the bloodstream. TORQ bar has been carefully formulated to include ingredients with low, moderate and high glycaemic indices for this purpose with the main syrup matrix being based on the 2:1 Maltodextrin:Fructose research*.
- Ultra low fat: They 'need' a food that is ultra low in fat to guarantee rapid digestion and minimize the intake of ineffective calories. TORQ bar contains only 2 grams of fat per 100g (about a gram per bar). Check the fat content of other energy bars on the market.
- Easy to eat: They 'need' a food that is easy to eat, or they won't eat enough of it to derive the benefits. There are too many dry energy bars out there, making it difficult to supply sufficient carbohydrate calories - the ones that aren't dry tend to contain too much fat. TORQ bar is delightfully moist and chewy, yet it remains ultra low in fat and high in carbohydrate.
- Tasty: They also 'need' a food that tastes so good that they choose to snack on it in preference to high fat, less effective alternatives. Some energy bars are encapsulated with chocolate to entice the customer into buying. Many of these bars taste great, but you can't coat a bar with chocolate and keep it low in fat. Therefore the product becomes compromised and less effective in supplying useful energy. The careful formulation and preparation of TORQ bar has ensured a delicious deep flavour, with a mouth-feel more commonly associated with a higher fat food.
TORQ bars are made with a high proportion of fairly traded fruit and our ingredient listings are simple and NATURAL.
TORQ bar has been designed to work in conjunction with TORQ Energy and TORQ Gel as part of the TORQ Fuelling System. This system is very easy to understand and makes fuelling your performance very straight forward. Each TORQ bar contains 30g of carbohydrate and represents 1 TORQ Unit. Research suggests that consuming 60-90g of carbohydrate per hour (based on our use of multiple-transportable carbohydrates) is optimal. This equates to 2-3 TORQ units per hour.
Nutritional Information Organic Mango (Per 100g): Energy 1279KJ / 306Kcal, Protein 3.6g, Carbohydrate 69.5g, (of which sugars) 30.3g, Fat 2.2g, (of which saturates) 0.4g, Fibre 3.2g, Sodium 0.01g.