Yeti ASR-5 Alloy MTB Frame 2012
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in MTB Frame See the latest products
New in MTB Frame
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information The AS-R 5 was a natural evolution of the AS-R platform. WE took the tight handling characteristics ... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
Product DescriptionThe AS-R 5 was a natural evolution of the AS-R platform. WE took the tight handling characteristics of our shorter travel AS-R and bumped up the travel to 5". This transformed the bike into an amazingly versatile all-rounder. Long, gnarly back-country rides? No problem. You wanna race a little cross-country? This bike is light enough to help you stomp your lycra-clad friends uphill and then put more into them on the downhill.
Part of the secret of this bike is the balance. The front and rear suspension are perfectly tuned. We have engineered it to ride a bit stiffer in the mid-stroke of the travel. This gives it a similar feel as sport-tuned suspension on a performance car. You can feel the trail. The low bottom bracket and neutral steering geometry keep the bike controlled and predictable when you bring it up to speed and it carves turns extremely well - due in part to the amazing stiffness of the frame.
If you have been holding on to your hardtail or short travel bike because you worry about compromising efficiency or weight, you gotta throw a leg over this bike and give it a spin. It will change your world.
- Travel: 5" (127mm)
- Weight: 5.5lbs
- Rear Shock: Fox RP2 (7.875 x 2.0)
- Bottom Bracket: 73mm shell
- Rear Wheel: 135mm spacing - QR/142mm Spacing - 12mm axle.
- Front Derailleur: 34.9mm clamp, traditional mount, bottom pull
- Seat post: 30.9mm diameter
- Tapered head tube (1-1/8", 1-1/2")
- Compatible with 140mm or 120mm forks
- Internal cable routing on swing arms
- Bolt-on cable guides throughout frame.
- Dropouts 12mm x 142mm thru axle or 135mm QR
- Titanium hardware
- Replaceable derailleur hanger.