Zipp 202 Firecrest Carbon Clincher Front Wheel
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Wheels - road See the latest products
New in Wheels - road
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- Show Description Our 202 Firecrest® Carbon Clincher is all about aiming higher. They took their classic 202 wheelset ... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
Zipp’s two most profound wheel innovations, the Firecrest rim shape and Carbon Clincher technology, form the foundation of the new 202 Firecrest Carbon Clincher. Firecrest rims have a near-constant width from brake track to spoke bed to improve aerodynamics and better control airflow. We used Computational Fluid Dynamics software analysis to maximize aerodynamics and minimize wind-produced torque, resulting in a 202 Firecrest Carbon Clincher that is faster and better handling than a classic road wheel. Our Firecrest rim shape improves stability by moving the wheel’s center of pressure to sit almost directly over the steering axis, where wind-produced steering torque has a minimal effect.
Now, add to that Zipp's Carbon Clincher technology. Their exclusive resin, based on materials used in motorsports braking systems, effectively tolerates the incredible spikes in heat caused by braking to give you with reliability and stopping power. Combine that with our Tangente Platinum brake pads and you have unmatched performance, all with the ease of use of a clincher.
- Max recommended rider weight: 250lbs
- Weight: 620g
- Rim Used: X32
- Hub Used: 88
- Rim Depth: 32mm
- Brake Track Width (center): 24.62mm
- Max Width: 25.4mm
- Clincher Bead Width: 16.25mm
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray
- Spoke Count: 18
- Spoke Pattern: radial
- Spoke Length: 272 with nipple lockmm
- Max Tire Pressure: 125psi
- Max Tire Pressure: 8.62bars
- Track Adaptable: Yes
- Dimpled Surface: Yes
- Ceramic Bearing: After-market
- Nipples: Sapim
- External Nipples: Yes