Zipp 303 Firecrest Carbon Clincher Tubeless Disc Front Road Wheel
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Wheels - road See the latest products
New in Wheels - road
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information The Zipp 303 Firecrest Carbon Clincher tubeless disc front wheel cuts through the air like a knife. ... read more
- Show Reviews & Q&As
The Zipp 303 Firecrest Carbon Clincher tubeless disc front wheel cuts through the air like a knife. With advanced material layup and an aero-efficient shape, this wheel stays cool, calm and collected in a crosswind.
Vibration Reducing Rim Construction
If the Viscoelastic Constrained Layer Control rim construction sounds complicated, it’s because it is.
The layers of rigid carbon fibre laminate have a vibration-absorbing material sandwiched between them. This reduces road vibration by as much as 10% over a standard carbon construction.
Aero Rim Profile
The Firecrest aerodynamic rim profile has been honed and perfected in the wind tunnel to do more than just reduce high-speed drag.
Compared to other rims of similar (and sometimes shallower) depths, the Firecrest shape greatly reduces the effect of crosswinds on your bike. This gives you the stability and confidence to keep the hammer down when your competitors must relent.
These were built to run as a tubeless rim. The Zipp 303 tubeless clincher wheels have ridges on the internal rim bed. These hook and lock into the tyre bead, making sure it stays where it's needed, even under lower pressures.
Zipp also advises that their 303 carbon clincher wheels can also run safely with tubes if you choose.
The 77/177D hubset on the Zipp 303 wheels are a great example of Zipp’s advanced engineering design.
The star-flanged straight-pull hub shell evenly distributes spoke tension forces. This makes sure that the bearing bores stay round and don’t change shape under the stress.
This minute attention to detail is just one of the reasons Zipp’s wheelsets have a competitive edge. They’re ultra-reliable, built with incredible precision, and designed for the ultimate performance.
Slice through the wind without being guided by it, with the Zipp 303 Firecrest Clincher Tubeless disc front wheel.
About the 77/177D hubset:
- Bearing preload precision set at the factory – there’s no need to set the preload yourself
- Improved bearing protection and sealing
- redesigned designed quick-release skewers (included) have a wider & more ergonomic handle to give more leverage for opening and closing
- Proprietary flange geometry and spoke hole attachment pattern, with Sapim® CX-Ray® spokes, optimizes the torsional and lateral stiffness without increasing weight or robustness
- 17mm axle
- Thru-axle compatible. Comes with thru-axle end caps that can be swapped by hand (12x135mm & 12x142mm)
Also in the box:
- Zipp Tubeless valve extender and valve-core wrench
- Zipp rim tape (factory taped)
- Zipp Tangente quick-release skewer
- Zipp thru-axle end caps
- Weight: 760g
- Hub Width: 100mm
- Rim Depth: 45mm
- Max Width: 29.9mm
- Internal Width: 21mm
- Spoke Count: 24
- Spoke Pattern: 2 cross
- Spoke Length: Drive 272mm | Non-Drive 270mm
- Max Tire Pressure: 125psi (8.62bar)
- Dimpled Surface@ Yes
- Nipples: Sapim® Secure Lock
- External Nipples: Yes
- Thru Axle Compatible: Yes
- Tubeless: Yes
- The Zipp 303 Firecrest Carbon Clincher tubeless disc front wheel is available with 0% APR finance
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.