Zipp 808 Firecrest Carbon Clincher 177 Rear Road Wheel
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Wheels - road See the latest products
New in Wheels - road
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information Aero efficiency with stability in real world conditions. The Zipp 808 Firecrest Carbon Clincher is a... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
Aero efficiency with stability in real world conditions. The Zipp 808 Firecrest Carbon Clincher is a road bike wheel that is ideal for flat and undulating rides as well as racing.
Engineered for speed, the 808 Firecrest rim offers tried and tested aerodynamic efficiency to help you to the top step in your next time trial, road race or triathlon. Featuring an 82mm rim depth with a dimpled surface, the 808 rim offers unrivalled aero performance in real world cycling conditions. In fact, the 808 Firecrest handles crosswinds with the stability that you would normally expect from a much shallower rim.
The 27.5mm rim width gives the tyre a little more volume which, in turn offers improved power transfer as well as more comfort and durability. This is probably the fastest deep section rim in the world, yet its light weight means it can hold its own on the climbs too.
Zipp carbon rims achieve lightweight with strength, durability and an unrivalled ride quality. Uni-directional fibres handle all the tensile and compressive loading within the rim, while woven carbon and silica/ceramic fabric sheets handle all compressive braking forces. Zipp rims are tough too, Carbon Bridge™ technology incorporates a 6 bundle co-axial Kevlar® thread which offers 50% extra impact protection on the edge of the rim.
With the Showstopper™ braking surface the Zipp 808s offer exceptional stopping performance too. This directional moulded in texture, features incredibly tough silicon carbide particles, suspended in the surface resin, for a consistent surface roughness that won’t wear-out. With Showstopper™ braking is both consistent and responsive in all weather conditions. The 808 Firecrests are made with heat resistant resin for consistent braking performance on even the very longest descents.
Precision engineered to offer best-in-class durability, the Zipp 177 hub offers improved bearing protection with no pre-load needed. The star-flanged, straight pull design means that the load is moved away from the bearings for accurate bearing bores and smooth rolling bearings regardless of spoke tension. Available for either Campagnolo or SRAM/Shimano drivetrains the 177 hub is also compatible with extra wide range cassettes with the XD driver body (sold separately).
Each Zipp 808 wheel is supplied with; a newly designed quick-release skewer, with a wider more ergonomic handle that contours neatly with the frame when closed, Tangente Platinum Pro Evo brake pads, integrated valve extender and valve-core spanner.
Upgrade the aero performance of your bike with the Zipp 808 Firecrest carbon clincher wheel.
- 808 Firecrest™ rim with 82mm rim depth for improved aero performance
- Carbon Bridge™ technology for improved performance under load
- Showstopper™ braking surface for consistent stopping in all conditions
- Zipp 177 hub for best in class performance
- Coloured decals: White, Black
- The 808 Firecrest Carbon Clincher wheels are available with 0% APR finance
- Weight - 1030g
- Hub Used – 177
- Rim Depth - 82mm
- Max Width – 27.5mm
- Brake Track Width (centre) – 24.73mm
- Spokes - Sapim® CX-Sprint
- Spoke Count - 24
- Spoke Length Non-Drive - 236mm
- Spoke Pattern Non-Drive - 2 cross
- Spoke Pattern Drive - 2 cross
- Spoke Length Drive - 236mm
- Max tyre pressure – 125psi/ 8.62bar
- 11-speed compatible hub – Yes
- XDR Driver Body Compatible - Yes
- Track Adaptable - No
- Dimpled Surface - Yes
- Nipples - Sapim® Secure Lock
- External Nipples – Yes
Also in the Box:
- Zipp Tangente QR skewer
- Zipp integrated valve extender
- Valve core spanner
- Tangente Platinum Pro Evo brake pads
- Zipp rim tape
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.