Zipp 808 Firecrest Tubular Front Road Wheel
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Wheels - road See the latest products
New in Wheels - road
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information Optimizing the revolutionary Firecrest aero rim concept for a 81mm depth and the distinct airflow pa... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
Product DescriptionOptimizing the revolutionary Firecrest aero rim concept for a 81mm depth and the distinct airflow pattern of clincher tires required us to evaluate a slew of minutely varied prototypes through computational fluid dynamics and in the wind tunnel. At 27mm wide, the final version is the fastest deep-section carbon clincher in the world.
Yet, with a weight of only 1759 grams, it more than holds its own on the climbs. With Firecrest’s unparalleled approach to the wheel’s center of pressure, the 808 Carbon Clincher also handles crosswinds with the stability you’d normally associate with a much shallower rim- making the 808 Carbon Clincher ideal for non-disc-legal courses like Kona.
Plus, the wide rim shape provides efficient power transfer along with comfort and durability - making it an excellent choice for just about any terrain and riding style. In addition to Firecrest, all Zipp full-carbon clinchers feature an exclusive heat-resistant resin as part of the composite structure. Utilized in the 808 Carbon Clincher, this technology prevents spikes in rim temperature and tire pressure that can impact performance and handling.
In fact, heat dissipation is improved so substantially that ours are the only carbon clinchers to pass stringent European safety testing without limitations on rider weight or brake pad options. So every rider can tackle even the longest, most technical descents with confidence.
- Rim finish: Dimpled
- Hub Spec 88/188
- Weight Front: 821g, Rear 938g
- Aerodynamics - time and watt savings over 40K for 808 wheelset: 96seconds / 32 watts.