Torq Energy Bar - 45g x Box of 24
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Energy bars See the latest products
New in Energy bars
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- Show Description Multiple-transportable carbohydrates (with Maltodextrin:Fructose) Moist and chewy Very low in fat W... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (1)
- Multiple-transportable carbohydrates (with Maltodextrin:Fructose)
- Moist and chewy
- Very low in fat
- With TORQ ribose
- Flavoured with fairly-traded fruit
- No colours, artificial flavours or preservatives
Moist, soft and chewy energy bar giving a balance of fast and slow burning carbohydrates through the use of ingredients wide-ranging in Glycaemic Index.
TORQ bar has been painstakingly formulated to produce a food that is ultra high in carbohydrate, very low in fat and with ingredients wide-ranging in glycaemic index for immediate and sustained glucose release. Just as important, this bar has been designed to taste great with a cup of tea too! All too often energy bars are dry and difficult to eat - and those that aren't contain far too much fat. TORQ bars are delicious, moist and chewy, containing just over 2grams of fat per 100 (a little over a gram per bar) and packed with usable carbohydrate. This makes it the perfect food and fuel choice before, during and after exercise.
TORQ bar was developed to satisfy the needs of athletes and physically active people. Many energy bars on the market cater for some of these needs, but we don’t believe they have addressed them all. Here is what athletes and physically active people need:
- Carbohydrate: They ‘need’ carbohydrate full stop. They ‘need’ it whilst they exercise to spare their limited glycogen reserves and at rest to top their valuable stores back up again. TORQ bar contains over 70 grams of carbohydrate per 100g (in excess of 45 grams per bar) and TORQ bar’s unique blend of Maltodextrin and Fructose Syrup maximises ‘available’ carbohydrate.
- Glycaemic Index: They ‘need’ a food with ingredients wide-ranging in glycaemic index for immediate and sustained release of glucose into the bloodstream. TORQ bar has been carefully formulated to include ingredients with low, moderate and high glycaemic indices for this purpose with the main syrup matrix being based on the 2:1 Maltodextrin:Fructose research.
- Ultra low fat: They ‘need’ a food that is ultra low in fat to guarantee rapid digestion and minimize the intake of ineffective calories. TORQ bar contains only 2 grams of fat per 100g (about a gram per bar). Check the fat content of other energy bars on the market.
- Easy to eat: They ‘need’ a food that is easy to eat, or they won’t eat enough of it to derive the benefits. There are too many dry energy bars out there, making it difficult to supply sufficient carbohydrate calories - the ones that aren’t dry tend to contain too much fat. TORQ bar is delightfully moist and chewy, yet it remains ultra low in fat and high in carbohydrate.
- Tasty: They also ‘need’ a food that tastes so good that they choose to snack on it in preference to high fat, less effective alternatives. Some energy bars are encapsulated with chocolate to entice the customer into buying. Many of these bars taste great, but you can’t coat a bar with chocolate and keep it low in fat. Therefore the product becomes compromised and less effective in supplying useful energy. The careful formulation and preparation of TORQ bar has ensured a delicious deep flavour, with a mouth-feel more commonly associated with a higher fat food.
- Ribose: Finally, athletes and physically active people ‘need’ to recover quickly if they are to maintain a lively performance day in day out. The simple and complex carbohydrates in TORQ bar will rapidly re-stock the body’s depleted glycogen stores, but will do nothing to address the actual energy charge of the muscle cells. After particularly heavy physical training, full recovery at a cellular level can take many days. Research has proven that supplementation with ribose can boost cellular recovery by a staggering 340-430%*. Ribose is natural sugar present within every living cell of the body and is used to manufacture ATP (the energy currency of the cell) from scratch. Whilst the body can manufacture its own ribose from glucose, this requires energy and is a very slow process. Supplementing with ribose simply bypasses this course of action.
TORQ bars are made with a high proportion of fairly traded fruit and our ingredient listings are simple and NATURAL.
Typical Ingredients (Tangy Apricot): Oats, Raisins, Maltodextrin, Fructose Syrup, Apricot (12%), Puffed Rice, Ribose (0.77%), Vitamin & Mineral Mix.
Nutritional Information (Per 100g): Energy 1346KJ / 322Kcal, Protein 3.8g, Carbohydrate 71.7g, (of which sugars) 33.6g, Fat 2.1g, (of which saturates) 0.7g, Fibre 5.9g, Sodium 49mg, Niacin 6.5mg (36%)***, Vitamin E 4.0mg(50%), Pantothenic Acid 2.3mg (38%), Vitamin B6 1.0mg (50%), Riboflavin 0.9mg (56%), Thiamine 0.7mg (50%), Vitamin A 400mg (50%), Folacin 100mg (50%), Biotin 75mg (50%), Vitamin D 1.5mg (30%), Vitamin B12 0.8mg (80%), Zinc 7.5mg (50%), Iron 7mg (50%).
*** (%) = Percentage of Recommended Daily Allowance
Torq Energy Bar - 45g x Box of 24 Reviews
Customer Reviews (1)
I have tried a number of energy bars and have found the Torq bar suits my taste. It is quite moist, very palatable and the wrapper tears easily with one hand when out on the bike.
I have tried a number of energy bars and have found the Torq bar suits my taste. It is quite moist, very palatable and the wrapper tears easily with one hand when out on the bike.Close review