American Classic 420 Aero 3 Road Wheel Set
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Wheels - road See the latest products
New in Wheels - road
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information Everybody is talking about wider rims for both road and mountain bike. What does it really mean for ... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (1)
Product DescriptionEverybody is talking about wider rims for both road and mountain bike. What does it really mean for you, the rider? There are a few wide rim profiles on the market but they are either heavy, or too light and flexy.
Bill Shook used his mathematical abilities to design our revolutionary wide rims, attaining the goal of being light, stiff, strong, aerodynamic and wide, all in one rim. To start, wide rims mean riding lighter, smaller performance tires with cushiony, high air volume and firm surface grip. Larger width tires offer more air volume but they are heavy with a sluggish ride quality.
The desired combined wheel and tire qualities are achieved by stretching out the smaller tire casing on a wide rim and effectively making the tire bigger. Also, smaller tires on wide rims reduce tire roll on the rims. With a narrow rim and a wide tire, the rim floats from side to side on the tire. Using a wider rim with a smaller tire minimizes float for improved handling, confidence and control.
The rim is lower weight at the extreme outer edge of the wheel decreasing rolling resistance and boosting speed. Our wider, lighter rims translate into crisp accelerations, firm ground control, faster rolling on the flats and decisive handling for the extra edge needed by competitive athletes.
- Discipline : Road / Triathlon / Cyclocross
- Spokes :AC Bladed Spokes Black / AC Aluminum Nipples Silver / 18h Radial Front / 24h 3-Cross Drive, Radial Non-Drive Rear
- Rims :34mm Deep Section 420gr Aluminum Clincher Rims 700c
- Quick Release :Cromoly QR's
- Possible Upgrades :Ceramic Bearings / Ti QRs / Wheel Bag
- Hubs Spacing :Front Micro 58 100 mm / Rear AC High-low 130 mm / Rear Spline Shimano/SRAM 10/11 or Campagnolo 10/11
- Look Colour :AC Tour Black with Grey Hubs
- Weight :Front 663g / Rear 867g / Pair 1530g
American Classic 420 Aero 3 Road Wheel Set Reviews
Customer Reviews (1)
I was looking for a good set of Aero wheels as I was on a budget. These are excellent value at under £500 a set. The wheels themselves are well made and oozing quality. They feel fast and look great on the bike.
I was looking for a good set of Aero wheels as I was on a budget. These are excellent value at under £500 a set. The wheels themselves are well made and oozing quality. They feel fast and look great on the bike.Close review