Bora Ultra is the choice of pros, the ideal competition wheel. They provide all the characteristics that every cyclist wants; maximum aerodynamic performance, extreme lightness, surprising reactivity combined with incredible smoothness.
The secret of this legendary wheel lies in the details and the innumerable victories are its best testimony. The Bora Ultra wheel is entirely hand-assembled by a specialised Campagnolo technician and is checked in every tiny detail with electronic instrumentation. This ensures maximum performance and reliability for all Campagnolo wheels.
Campagnolo engineering staff have developed a new construction that has created braking performance above and beyond anything found on carbon rims to date. The Campy Tech Lab’s developments focused on being able to give the rider the same braking performance in wet conditions as in dry conditions. The result is a new braking surface technology called AC3 (all Conditions Carbon Control).
Increasing the rim width from 20,5mm to 24,2mm allowed the Campagnolo engineers to not only improve the aerodynamics but also to allow the wheel to accommodate wider tyres. Using wider tyres increases control, as the contact area between tyre and asphalt is increased, thus improving grip and creating a more comfortable ride.
The wider rim profile increases structural integrity, without increasing the weight of the wheelset.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Full Carbon high profile 35mm rim, in clincher and tubular versions.
- Includes brake pads specifically for carbon wheels
- AC3 treatment on the brake surface, improving braking in all conditions
- RDB (Rim Dynamic Balance) exclusive technology moulded inside the rims, assures perfect balancing of the rims even at high speeds
- Ultra lightweight decals eliminate the need for heavy adhesives and painting, reducing the overall weight by nearly 15g
- Carbon hub with oversize flange with cup and cone CULT bearings, aluminium axle
- Aerodynamic spokes with exclusive Mega-G3 spoke pattern and anti-rotation system
- Quick release with eccentric-closure system
- Weight: 1170g for Tubular
- Weight: 1360g for Clincher