Cannondale Beast of the East 2 27.5" Mountain Bike 2017 - Hardtail MTB
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Hardtail MTB See the latest products
New in Hardtail MTB
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information The Cannondale Beast of the East 2 is an all new mountain bike, featuring 27+ wheels and fun trail g... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
The Cannondale Beast of the East 2 is an all new mountain bike, featuring 27+ wheels and fun trail geometry, making it more confident and capable over challenging terrain than a traditional hardtail MTB.
27 plus wheels
The name might be an old classic but this new Beast of the East is designed from the ground up specifically for the new 27.5+ wheel size - wide rims and high volume tyres providing more grip and better cushioning. The larger diameter tyres (similar to a 29er) combined with the ability to to run lower tyre pressures means that you can take on much more challenging terrain than you would on a conventional hardtail.
AI and Save Stays
Lightweight with smartformed alloy tubes the frame features an Asymmetric Integration (AI) drivetrain which allows for a sensible Q-factor and short chainstays. This means that you’ll have an optimal stance and the bike remains nimble in technical terrain.
Compliance is built into the rear end thanks to Save Stays. The seat and chainstays are shaped to allow some vertical flex without affecting pedaling efficiency. This is the same frame as found on the Beast of the East 1.
120mm Rock Shox Reba
Featuring more suspension travel than you would usually find on a hardtail the Rock Shox Reba RL Boost fork offer plush, composed performance so that you can take on more aggressive terrain.
Featuring a wide gear range (one extra low gear than the Beast 3) with slick reliable shifting and excellent chain retention the SRAM GX drivetrain is combined with a Cannondale Si chainset.
The Cannondale Beast of the East 2 is a plus sized hardtail that will inspire confidence in new and experienced riders alike.
Key Features :
- A maximum traction, maximum fun, trail hardtail
- Great for shredders and newbies alike.
- The rebirth of a legend.
- 27. 5 + Tyres - This new standard changes the way hardtails perform over rough terrain. 27.5+ offers the rolling diameter of a 29er for an incredible angle of approach. The added width gives you an incredible contact patch that lets you grip the corners like never before, float over nasty rocks and roots and hit the roughest lines with confidence.
- Designed For 27+ - Unlike many "27+" bikes out there which are really just repurposed 29'ers running 2.8 tyres, the Beast of the East is designed specifically for 27+. Room for full 3.0 tyres, Ai drivetrain, short chainstays and dialled geometry means better performance and more fun.
- AI (Asymmetric Integration) Drivetrain - Our Ai technology allows us to fit those big 3.0 tyres and still keep our chainstays short and nimble. By asymmetrically offsetting the rear triangle and moving the drivetrain 6mm to the right, we gain clearance for the tyres without wrecking the q-factor. As a bonus, the rear wheels ends up being stiffer and stronger thanks to even spoke angles.
- Smartformed Alloy Frame - Cannondale's storied Aluminium histor y continues with the Beast of the East. The SmartFormed alloy frame has been tweaked to be light and responsive, features Save stays for added comfort and adds tech with the new flat mount brake for reduced weight with increased heel clearance.
- 120MM Forks - A bike this capable deserves a bit more travel than you'd expect on a hardtail.
- Fun Trail Set-Up - A 68.5 degree head angle, short chainstays and a 120mm fork combine to allow the Beast of the East ridden hard over the nastiest terrain. The slack trail geo pairs nicely with wide 760mm bars and a 60mm stem for total control and fun confidence.
- Internal Dropper Routing - Clean, internal routing through the seat tube for dropper posts
|Frame:||Beast of the East 27+, 120mm, SmartFormed Alloy, Ai offset, BB30, Flat Mount Brake, 1.5 Si headtube|
|Fork:||RockShox Reba RL Boost, Tapered Steerer, 120mm, 15mm Through Axle, Poploc Handlebar mounted remote|
|Headset:||Tange 1.5 for Tapered Steer tubes|
|Stem:||Cannondale C4, 6061 Alloy, 1-1/8", 31.8, 5 deg.|
|Bars:||Cannondale C3 riser, Alloy, 4 degree upsweep, 9 degree backsweep, 760x15mmCannondale Locking Grips|
|Front Brake:||Shimano Deore, Resin pads, 180mm|
|Rear Brake:||Shimano Deore, Resin pads, 180mm|
|Brake Lever:||Shimano Deore|
|Rear Mech:||SRAM GX, 11-speed|
|Shifters:||SRAM GX, 11-speed|
|Rims:||Cannondale Beast, 27.5x50mm, tubeless ready|
|Front Hub:||Formula 110x15|
|Rear Hub:||Formula with XD driver, 142x12mm (Ai offset lacing)|
|Front Tyre:||WTB Bridger, 27.5x3.0, tubeless ready|
|Rear Tyre:||WTB Bridger, 27.5x3.0, tubeless ready|
|Seat Post:||Cannondale C3, 6061 alloy, 31.6x350mm (S,M) 400mm (L,X)|
|Chainset:||Cannondale Si, Ai, BB30, SpideRing 30t|
|Bottom Bracket:||Cannondale Alloy BB30|
|Chain:||SRAM PCX1, 11-speed|
|Cassette:||SRAM XG-1150, 10-42, 11-speed|
Occasionally without notice, manufacturers sometimes change product specifications.