Cannondale Scalpel-Si Black Inc. 29er Mountain Bike 2018 - XC Full Suspension MTB
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Full Suspension MTB See the latest products
New in Full Suspension MTB
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- Show Description With no expense spared, and a spec list that reads like a mountain bike racer’s dream, the Cannondal... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
With no expense spared, and a spec list that reads like a mountain bike racer’s dream, the Cannondale Scalpel-Si Black Inc. full suspension mountain bike is the ultimate cross-country machine.
Using their top grade Hi-MOD BallisTec carbon fibre, the Cannondale Scalpel-Si Team MTB takes weight saving to the extreme, without sacrificing any stiffness or strength. Cannondale’s ‘Zero Pivot’ seatstays eliminate the pivot bearing that would normally split the stays. Instead, they have engineered the carbon fibre to allow a small amount of vertical flex to achieve the same result. The beauty of this is that, not only does it help lighten the frame, there’s no loss of lateral rigidity as you’d find with a bearing, and the carbon fibre itself doesn’t wear out over time and suffer play & looseness as a bearing would.
The Cannondale Scalpel-Si Black Inc. MTB is available in both 27.5” and 29er wheels, depending on the frame size. The 29er version here is available with a Medium, Large or X Large frame. Shorter riders may prefer the Cannondale Scalpel-Si Black Inc. 27.5” mountain bike, which is available with a small frame.
Delivering 100mm of smooth travel, Cannondale’s single-sided lefty 2.0 carbon fork is packed with technology, including their latest 2Spring self-balancing positive/negative air system. With a square tube-in-a-tube design, the Lefty fork all but eliminates unwanted flex. Thanks to the friction-free needle roller bearings, the Lefty is incredibly supple over fast & light bumps, allowing it to react to even the smallest bumps in the trail surface. The XLR Isolated Damper is tuned for XC, and keeps the air & oil separated inside, ensuring the damping characteristics remain consistent and predictable at all times.
At the rear, the RockShox Monarch XX keeps the bikes’ 100mm rear travel in check, perfectly balancing the Lefty fork. Sparing no expense, the Scalpel-Si Black Inc comes complete with Shimano’s ultimate XTR Di2 drivetrain. Not only does the XTR’s 2x11 speed give an extra wide gear range, the Syncro Shift system controls both the front & rear derailleurs with a single shifter, automatically changing the front chainring at predetermined points, which you can customize to your liking.
Cannondale have pulled out all the stops with the wheelset on their top-of-the-range Scalpel-Si Black Inc. mountain bike. ENVE Carbon M50 rims front & are mated to a Lefty 60 front hub, with a Chris King rear hub. Not only does this ultra-lightweight pairing minimise gyroscopic forces created by the wheels, the 72 point rear hub engagement gives you near instant drive when you put the power down, plus you get the famous characteristic ‘angry bee’ sound.
Experience the ultimate XC racer, with the Cannondale Scalpel-Si Black Inc full-sus mountain bike.
- BallisTec Hi-MOD Carbon frame with Carbon Link and Zero Pivot seatstay is super lightweight
- RockShox Monarch XX with Full Sprint Remote delivers smooth 100mm travel
- Lefty 2.0 Carbon 2spring 100mm travel, with XLR Isolated Damper Technology and XLoc Full Sprint remote
- Shimano XTR Di2 2x11 electronic shifting is lightning fast and consistent
- Shimano XTR Race disc brakes with Ice Tech rotors give reliable and powerful braking
- ENVE Carbon M50 with Chris King wheels for top performance
- Rider Position: Pure Modern XC - Low flat back & centred weight distribution
- Sizes: Medium, Large, X Large
- Colour: Jet Black
- The Cannondale Scalpel-Si Black Inc 29er mountain bike is available with 0% APR finance
All Tredz bikes are:
- Fully built & ready to ride
- Fully checked & tested by Cytech qualified mechanics
- Available with 0% APR finance (up to 48 months) on any basket over £250
- UK price match guarantee
- 365 day no hassle returns
- Free delivery in the UK Mainland on a date that suits you
In the box with every Tredz bike is:
- Free Tredz 9 key trail tool
- Free Tredz pedal spanner
- Free basic pedals
- Tredz drawstring kit bag
- 16 point quality control check sheet
- Basic bike setup instructions
- Free Cycle Plan insurance voucher (8 weeks)
The Cannondale Scalpel-Si Black Inc. 29" 2018 Features are:
Frame: Scalpel-Si, 100mm, BallisTec Hi-MOD Carbon, Zero Pivot seatstay, Carbon Link, PF30, 1.5 Si head tube, Ai Offset
Rear Shock: RockShox Monarch XX, 100mm, Full Sprint remote
Fork: Lefty 2.0 Carbon, 100mm, XLR Isolated Damper Technology with XC+ tune and XLoc Full Sprint remote, 55mm offset (29), 50mm offset (27.5)
Headset: Cannondale HeadShok Si
Bars: ENVE Carbon Sweep, flat, 740mm
Stem: Cannondale C1, 6061 Alloy, 1.5", 31.8, -5 deg.
Front Mech: Shimano XTR Di2, direct mount, 2x
Rear Mech: Shimano XTR Di2, 11-speed
Shifters Shimano XTR Di2, 2x11
Chainset: Cannondale HollowGram SiSL2, BB30, 26/36 Praxis chainrings
Bottom Bracket: Cannondale Alloy PressFit30
Chain: Shimano HG901, 11-speed
Front Brake: Shimano XTR Race, 160/160mm, Ice Tech Rotors
Rear Brake: Shimano XTR Race, 160/160mm, Ice Tech Rotors
Rims: ENVE Carbon M50, tubeless ready,28h
Front Hub: Lefty 60 front, Chris King ISO rear, 142x12, 28 hole (Ai Offset dish - Rear)
Rear Hub: Lefty 60 front, Chris King ISO rear, 142x12, 28 hole (Ai Offset dish - Rear)
Tyres: Schwalbe Racing Ralph EVO Snakeskin, 29x2.25", folding, tubeless ready Front,
Schwalbe Racing Ralph EVO Snakeskin, 29x2.25", folding, tubeless ready Rear
Seatpost: ENVE Carbon, Di2 compatible, 31.6x400mm
Pedals: Not Included