Cannondale Slate Force CX1 2017 - Cyclocross Bike
Out of Stock Sorry, you missed it. But you still have options...
Recommended alternatives We've found some items that may interest you...
- Show Recommended Products You may also like...
- Show Top Rated Our top rated products...
- Show Best Deals Great products, low prices...
- Show New in Cyclocross See the latest products
New in Cyclocross
Archive Product Details Comparing? Here's the info from the out of stock item
- ShowProduct Information You can always rely on Cannondale to break the mould with outrageously fun bikes. Road, gravel, or d... read more
- Show Customer Reviews (0)
You can always rely on Cannondale to break the mould with outrageously fun bikes. Road, gravel, or dirt, the Cannondale Slate Ultegra road/gravel bike is just as happy slinging around the hairpins on the way up a mountain pass as it is kicking up the dust on the off-road trails down the other side.
Designed from the ground up – with a clean slate, as it were – Cannondale wanted to build the most fun and all-round capable road bike they could. The answer was an all-new SmartForm C1 Premium aluminium frame designed for 650b wheels, with short chain stays, a slack MTB-style head angle and a long front-centre. This gives the bike a fun & snappy back end which begs to be playfully thrown around, along with a stable & well-balanced front end to cope with off-road riding.
There’s a good reason Cannondale opted for slightly smaller 650b wheels on the Slate. With a 42c tyre, the rolling radius is almost identical to a 700x23c tyre, bestowing the bike with road-bike-like acceleration, albeit with a big balloon tyre with oodles of grip, traction, and bump-absorbing properties. With the Save Plus Micro-Suspension System built into the frame’s rear triangle, you get even more bump-eating comfort from the Slate.
Have you met Oliver? He comes with the Cannondale Slate Force CX1, and he’s your new best friend. The Lefty Oliver carbon fork was purpose built for the Slate, delivering 30mm of silky smooth suspension travel through the front wheel to give this bike true mixed-terrain credentials.
The 1x drivetrain is a game changer in the world of off-road riding. Gone are the fiddly and unreliable front derailleurs, replaced by a wide-range cassette and single chainring. Using a SRAM Force CX1 1x11 speed drivetrain, with a clutch rear derailleur and X-Sync chainring, dropped chains are a thing of the past, and you can get on with your adventure with less fuss. The Slate Force also gets matching SRAM Force CX1 hydraulic disc brakes, dishing out impeccable braking power with fingertip-sensitive control.
- SmartForm C1 premium alloy frame is lightweight, and designed specifically for 650b wheels
- Cannondale Lefty Oliver 30mm travel single-sided fork with anti-bob road damping
- SRAM Force CX1 1x11 speed gearing – no front derailleur, no dropped chains, no fuss!
- SRAM Force CX1 disc brakes give excellent power & lever modulation
- 650bx42c Slate Folding tyres – the same circumference as 700x23c, with big volume grip & comfort
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, X Large
- Colour: Black Anodized
- The Cannondale Slate Force CX1 is available with 0% APR finance
The Cannondale Slate Force CX1 2017 Features are:
Frame: Slate, SmartFormed 6069 Alloy, Di2 ready, SAVE PLUS, BB30a
Fork: Cannondale Lefty Oliver Carbon w/ PBR, 30mm Travel, 45mm offset
Headset: Tange Seiki Head Shock Integrated
Bars: Cannondale C1 Ultralight, 7050 Alloy, CompactCannondale Bar Tape w/Gel, 2.5mm
Stem: Cannondale C1, 6061 Alloy, 1.5", 31.8, -5 deg. 100mm
Rear Mech: SRAM Force CX1 Long Cage
Shifters SRAM Force CX1 Hydraulic Disc
Chainset: Cannondale HollowGram Si, hollow forged, BB30a, w/ OPI SpideRing 44T
Bottom Bracket: FSA BB30 Bearings
Cassette: SRAM X1 XD Drive 10-42
Chain: SRAM PC-1170, 11-speed
Front Brake: SRAM Force CX1 Hydraulic Disc, 160mm
Rear Brake: SRAM Force CX1 Hydraulic Disc, 140mm
Rims: Slate Disc, 650b, 28H, welded
Front Hub: Lefty 50 Road
Rear Hub: Formula 142x12mm thru, 28h
Spokes: DT Swiss Aerolite
Tyres: Cannondale Slate Folding TRS tubeless, 650x42c, by Panaracer Front Cannondale Slate Folding TRS tubeless, 650x42c, by Panaracer Rear
Seatpost: Cannondale C1, Alloy, 27.2mm x 350mm
Pedals: Not Included